Everyday Tossed Salad
This Everyday Tossed Salad recipe is loaded with basic salad vegetables all tossed in a delicious immune boosting turmeric salad dressing. It’s a perfect starter salad!
This is an easy garden salad to add to your daily wellness plan. It’s loaded with leafy greens and crunchy salad vegetables that are readily available at the market, health food stores and farmers markets.
Eating a mostly raw plant-based diet rich with fruits and vegetables as part of your daily wellness program is a good way to help strengthen your immune system and improve your overall health. And if you’re wondering how to start a plant based diet, eating a big beautiful tossed salad every day is the easiest way to get started. Make yourself big bold salads that are fresh, pretty, satisfying (filling) and fun to eat. Having a variety of homemade salad dressing recipes in your arsenal helps a lot to accomplish this! A good dressing can really make a simple salad shine.
What’s In A Tossed Salad
A good tossed salad is a versatile and whimsical combination of your favorite tossed salad vegetables (or whatever happens to be in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator). It can be filling enough to serve as a main, but it can also sub-in for a side to accompany a main dish (like pasta or grilled chicken or fish) any night of the week.
Tossed Salad Recipe
This Tossed Salad recipe is an easy one to make, and I love everything about the combination of tossed salad ingredients in this salad. The cauliflower is grated or finely chopped and looks a little like feta cheese. The turmeric dressing is made with avocado oil (which is more mild in flavor than olive oil), lemon juice, turmeric, garlic, Dijon mustard and honey.
- Combination of Romaine lettuce and mixed greens (baby kale, spring greens arugula, spinach, etc)
- White or yellow corn, fresh, grilled or frozen
- Cherry tomatoes
- Golden raisins
- Sunflower seeds
- Turmeric vinaigrette
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
This Tossed Salad recipe is a versatile one, so feel free to add in any combination of garden salad ingredients you like. Here’s some ideas…
- Shaved purple cabbage
- Grated carrot
- Beets, raw or steamed (grated or chopped)
- Onions (purple or green)
- Sliced almonds, chopped Marcona almonds, hemp seeds, pepitas, etc.
- Chopped dates instead of golden raisins
- Berries (especially blueberries)
- Chickpeas (if you want to make a vegan meal of it)
- This Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette, Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette and this Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette also make great dressings for your everyday tossed salads.