Homemade Ranch Dressing
This is the best Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe to serve with your favorite salad ingredients. It also makes a great dip to serve with a platter of veggies!
You’ll probably have all of the spice ingredients on hand so you can make this Homemade Ranch Dressing in a pinch any night of the week!
HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING RECIPE
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Dried dill weed, parsley and chives
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh garlic instead of powder
- Use half yogurt and half mayonnaise or half sour cream and half mayonnaise instead of all mayonnaise
HOW TO MAKE RANCH DRESSING
- Mix the mayonnaise and the seasoning together with a whisk or fork until well incorporated
- Add the buttermilk to the mayonnaise mixture
- Using a whisk, blend the mixture together until well incorporated
- Pour into a mason jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to an hour before serving
- The flavors will blend together better the longer the dressing chills in the refrigerator
This is the best homemade ranch dressing recipe! I can’t tell you how many times I have been asked for this recipe over the years! Besides being used as a salad dressing, this easy ranch dressing recipe makes a delicious dip to serve with vegetables. We may have been known to also dip our pizza, French fries, crackers, chicken tenders and wraps in it!
HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES
Originally published 7.2014 – updated 8.2020
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise (or use whatever healthy mayo you prefer, you can also substitute with low-fat plain Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (add more for desired consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, herbs and spices.
- Add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.