Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is at the top of my short list of favorite salad dressings. It’s a delicious lemon basil salad dressing that puts fresh tender basil leaves to good use.
I love everything about this lemon basil salad dressing! It makes a great match with just about every salad ingredient you could toss in a bowl, but I especially love to serve it with this Kale Quinoa Salad. If you love pesto, you will absolutely love this dressing!!
This lemon herb vinaigrette also makes an irresistible dipping sauce for crunchy vegetables and crusty breads. Though I swear every dressing I love is irresistible with a crusty bread.
Lemon Basil Salad Dressing Ingredients
This lemon herb vinaigrette uses fresh basil, garlic and lemon juice and it comes together in a pinch.
Use fresh tender basil leaves. No dried herbs for this recipe.
Adding garlic to the mix makes this dressing so darn good!
Dijon adds a lot of flavor, some creaminess and adds balance to the oil.
EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Use a good quality extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
Finely grate the Parmesan cheese. Don’t use the powered kind that comes in a container.
How to Make Basil Vinaigrette
- Place basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times, then slowly add the olive oil as the motor is running.Continue to blend until vinaigrette is smooth. Enjoy!
- Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. The olive oil in this basil vinaigrette will solidify in the refrigerator, so you’ll want to set the dressing out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving any leftovers.
Salads to toss with this Lemon Basil Salad Dressing
Looking for more healthy salad dressing recipes?
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette
Want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad dressing recipes.
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a blender.
- Pulse a few times, then slowly add the olive oil while the motor is running.
- Continue to blend until vinaigrette is smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.