Simple Lime Vinaigrette
This is a versatile Lime Vinaigrette recipe that’s made with just 7 simple ingredients and it comes together in about 5 minutes.
I typically use this lime vinaigrette on a lot of my Mexican-themed salads, whether the salad is green, bean or quinoa. It’s a really great tasting basic vinaigrette that can be pulled together in a pinch.
Another thing that’s great about this lime vinaigrette is that it can double as a marinade for grilled chicken or fish! It has a light refreshing taste that’s easy to make and it works really well for summertime barbecues. This lime vinaigrette is similar to my Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette, but this recipe has much less cilantro in it and it has its own unique taste.
LIME VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
This lime vinaigrette dressing uses fresh lime juice (from about 3-4 limes) and olive oil. You could sub the olive oil with avocado oil (which has a more mild flavor) if you like. The cumin powder and fresh cilantro gives this dressing a little added flavor. Feel free to omit them if you either don’t have them on hand or you’re not a fan. The lime vinaigrette is still so good without these two ingredients.
- Fresh lime juice
- Olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
- Cilantro (Optional)
- Cumin powder (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE LIME VINAIGRETTE
This lime vinaigrette dressing recipe is quick and easy to make, and it comes together in about 5 minutes start-to-finish.
- Juice lime: Juice the limes either using a hand-held juicer.
- Prep Ingredients: Smash and mince garlic, measure juice, oil, maple syrup, mustard, cilantro and cumin powder.
- Whisk: Whisk lime juice and Dijon mustard. Add garlic, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, cilantro and cumin powder.
- Add Oil: Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Mason Jar Method: Add ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid and shake well to blend. Refrigerate before using. (The mason jar method is how I typically make this dressing).
- Add minced jalapeno
- Sprinkle in a teaspoon or two of finely grated lime zest
- Add 2-3 tablespoons more finely chopped cilantro (which I often do)
LIME JUICE BENEFITS
Limes, along with all citrus fruits, contain plant compounds that are rich with vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. (1) Lemons are slightly richer with these nutritional benefits than limes.
WAYS TO USE THIS HEALTHY VINAIGRETTE
This lime vinaigrette is a good go-to dressing to toss bean salads, quinoa salads, basic green salads and cabbage slaw with.
MORE HEALTHY HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add ingredients to a mason jar and shake well until blended. Refrigerate before using.