Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing recipe is one of my favorite homemade salad dressing recipes to make. It’s made with Braggs apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano and olive oil. This apple cider vinaigrette has a delicious flavor and goes with just about any salad you might want to toss it with.
I love to make homemade salad dressings. The ingredients are fresher and the taste far superior to the bottled stuff you buy at the store. Once you get in the habit of making homemade salad dressings you’ll be hooked and forget all about your old store-bought favorites.
This apple cider vinaigrette is similar to my Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette, except this dressing has more apple cider vinegar and less lemon juice.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing Recipe
This dressing comes together in a pinch. Just add the ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid tightly, and give it a good shake. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. You can also just add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together. The apple cider vinaigrette will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. I use Bragg organic apple cider vinegar with mother.
- Dijon Mustard. I like to use Maille Dijon Originale mustard which adds great flavor to this dressing.
- Lemon Juice. I use fresh squeezed lemon juice – not the bottled kind (Meyer lemons work great too).
- Herbs. We use dried oregano for this dressing, but you can also use a a combo of dried oregano and basil (1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil).
- Garlic. Two cloves of garlic is smashed, finely minced and tossed into the mix. Not a fan of garlic? Cut back and use just 1 clove or omit it altogether. You can also whisk in 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic if you don’t have fresh garlic on hand.
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil. You can also use avocado oil for this dressing.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Serving Suggestions
I love everything about this salad dressing! Not only is it delicious and super easy to make, but you can serve it with just about any salad. Here’s a few of my favorite salads that I like to toss this Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing with.
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Everyday Tossed Salad
- House Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Superfood Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. It has high levels of acetic acid. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its strong smell and taste. Organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar with mother contains a murky substance at the bottom of the bottle. The “mother” is rich with proteins, enzymes and good bacteria. You want to always shake the bottle well (with the lid on of course) to blend the “mother” before use.
More Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes
Looking for more apple cider vinegar recipes (and ways to use Braggs apple cider vinegar)?
Looking For More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes to Make?
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ginger Salad Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Honey Lime Dressing
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
Want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad dressing recipes.
- 1/4 cup Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with mother
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar.
- Seal the lid tightly and give a good shake.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Store the apple cider vinaigrette dressing in the refrigerator.
- You can also add the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Or simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week. If you don't add garlic, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks without added garlic.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.