This healthy superfood salad is loaded with curly kale, crunchy broccoli slaw, cabbage, shaved brussel sprouts, apples and sunflower seeds, as well as protein-dense quinoa, small bites of beets and chewy dried cranberries. It’s all tossed in a delicious Honey Lime Vinaigrette.
SUPERFOOD SALAD RECIPE
- Cooked beets
- Broccoli slaw (Trader Joes or another brand)
- Purple cabbage
- Dried Cranberries
- Sunflower seeds
HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
As for the vinaigrette. It’s a good one! It’s simple to make and has a delicious tart and sweet combo of flavors.
WHAT ARE SUPERFOODS
Superfoods are certain foods that offer superior nutritional benefits to other foods because they are rich sources of important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
You can also serve this amazing superfood salad with salmon for added protein and healthy omegas. However, this salad is delicious without any meat added at all. It’s crunchy and chewy and has a deliciously healthy combo of ingredients. But if you want something a little more substantial for dinner, then a piece of grilled salmon or chicken makes a nice add here.
MORE SUPERFOOD SALADS YOU’LL LOVE
- 1 cup curly kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup broccoli slaw (I used the organic Trader Joe's broccoli slaw)
- 3/4 cup purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup beets, peeled, lightly steamed and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup cooked red quinoa
- 3/4 cup apple, cut into small chunks (I used Honeycrisp)
- 3/4 cup brussel sprouts, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette along the edge of the salad and fold into the ingredients to lightly coat.
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake, or add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.