Mango Arugula Quinoa Salad
If you’re looking for a light and healthy summer quinoa salad recipe, this Mango Arugula Quinoa Salad is the thing! It’s a cold quinoa salad made with peppery arugula, sweet juicy chunks of mango, red pepper and quinoa all tossed with a fresh citrus dressing. It’s the perfect vegan quinoa salad!!
This colorful quinoa arugula salad is a delicious combination of sweet (mango), peppery (arugula) and earthy (quinoa), and it’s a cold quinoa salad that’s perfect to serve at potlucks and backyard barbecues!
This amazing summer quinoa salad is my favorite cold arugula salad! It’s full of fresh, organic colorful fruit and vegetables and it’s great for lunch or dinner and clean up is a breeze! I personally like to serve it with grilled salmon, but you can serve it with your favorite fish or grilled chicken.
Summer Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Cooked quinoa
- Ripe mango (ripe juicy mangoes give this salad an incredible sweet and refreshing flavor)
- Sweet red pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced almonds
This dressing is made with just 3 simple ingredients!
- Fresh lime juice
- Pure clover honey
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make this Cold Quinoa Salad
This arugula salad recipe is quick and easy to make, coming together in about 20 minutes start-to-finish.
- Cook quinoa: Combine the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until most of the water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Make citrus dressing: Whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, and salt in a small bowl.
- Toss salad: Add the mango, red pepper, scallions, arugula, almonds and cilantro to a large bowl and gently toss with citrus dressing.
The vibrant colors going on in this vegan quinoa salad indicate that it’s loaded with phytochemicals (antioxidants), vitamins and minerals. This salad features foods that boost your immune system like quinoa, which is a “complete” protein loaded with essential amino acids, mangoes which are rich with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6, and arugula is a good source of calcium, potassium, folate, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Click here if you want to read more about the benefits of quinoa.
Looking for more quinoa salad recipes to make?
These quinoa salad recipes can be served as a side with grilled chicken or fish, but they’re also filling enough to enjoy as a light main.
- Best Quinoa Salad
- Spinach Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Quinoa Beet Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Check out all my quinoa salad recipes
Looking for more arugula salad ideas?
- Immune Boosting Arugula Berry Salad
- Basil Pesto Chicken Salad
- Colorful Arugula Beet Salad
- Arugula Pesto Potato Salad
Want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad recipes.
Mango Arugula Quinoa Salad
If you're looking for a light and healthy summer quinoa salad recipe, this Mango Arugula Quinoa Salad is the thing! It's a cold quinoa salad made with peppery arugula, sweet juicy chunks of mango, red pepper and quinoa all tossed with a fresh citrus dressing. It's the perfect vegan quinoa salad!!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 medium scallions, chopped
- 3 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons pure clover honey
- 1/4 cup Lime juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Combine 1 cup dry quinoa and 2 cups water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, just until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside for 5-10 minutes before fluffing.
- Using a fork, fluff quinoa and transfer to a large bowl
- Add the mango, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro toss to coat. Gently stir in the arugula.
- Pour the vinaigrette into the bowl and gently toss the ingredients so they're lightly coated.
- Add the almonds to the top and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.