Arugula Pesto Potato Salad
This Arugula Pesto Potato Salad is likely to be one of the easiest potato salads you’ll ever make. Tender baby potatoes are mixed with green beans and heirloom cherry tomatoes, then it’s all tossed in a delicious nutty arugula pesto.
PESTO POTATO SALAD
This crowd-pleasing Arugula Pesto Potato Salad is another mayo-less potato salad for you to make this summer for your outdoor entertaining. It makes a really great side dish to serve with grilled chicken or fish!
As for this arugula pesto – it’s completely addicting! This pesto potato salad is really all about the pesto dressing, which is a little nuttier than the typical pesto, and it makes the most delicious dressing to coat the potatoes with.
As for the potatoes, look for baby or fingerling potatoes, but if you can’t find them – then go with the smallest potatoes you can find and then cut them into bite-sized pieces. The potatoes and the arugula pesto dressing can be prepped early, leaving little last minute fussing to worry about For the tomatoes – either use cherry tomatoes (I like to use baby heirloom because they’re a little smaller, firmer, sweeter and add a little more color), or Roma tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces. You can also toss in some crumbled hardboiled potatoes to this salad which adds a nice touch. If you’re not in love with arugula, then use spinach or basil for your pesto. Or you can use a mix of arugula and spinach.
This healthy potato salad is easy enough for casual outdoor entertaining, yet elegant enough for a dinner party!
MORE HEALTHY POTATO SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup extra-vrgin olive oil, plus more for desired consistency
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds baby potatos (or fingerling potatoes) skins on
- 1 cup haricots verts (green beans)
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Arugula pesto
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
For the Arugula Pesto
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, parmesan cheese, and garlic, until it’s the consistency of a chunky paste.
- Add half of the arugula to the food processor. While processing, slowly add half of the oil until the arugula is blended. Add remaining arugula and repeat until oil is gone and you’ve reached your desired texture.
- Season with salt, to taste.
For the Potato Salad
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and simmer until tender. Remove potatoes to cool, and bring water to a boil again.
- Blanch haricots verts in the boiling water. Remove when tender, then toss into an ice water bath until cold. Slice beans in half.
- Mix potatoes, haricots verts, and cherry tomatoes.
- Toss with arugula pesto so the vegetables are lightly coated.