Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad
This crowd-pleasing Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad is a really great alternative to classic potato salad. This simple cauliflower salad recipe is paleo, gluten-free, whole 30, loaded with nutritional perks and totally delicious!
You won’t miss the potatoes at all!! Well, maybe a little. But you’ll get over it! This Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad is made from the most basic of ingredients, just like a classic potato salad is. The difference is that we swap out the potatoes for cauliflower. The cauliflower is steamed until fork-tender and mashed a bit so the texture is a little bit creamy like a classic potato salad.
And this Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad has a lot of personality with the crunch of the celery and the combo of flavors from the eggs, onions, and mustard. You will completely overlook that the texture isn’t quite like a classic potato salad. But no one will complain! I love potatoes as much as the next person, but they really aren’t that great for us. Now you can have the great taste of a classic potato salad without all of the weight-gaining, blood sugar spiking and crashing going on.
CAULIFLOWER POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- Head of cauliflower, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- Green onion
- Fresh parsley
- Dill pickle relish (optional)
- Hardboiled eggs
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Greek yogurt
- Yellow mustard
The ingredients for this salad are mixed with a simple creamy dressing made with olive oil mayo and mustard. If you prefer things with a little more of a kick, then sub out the yellow mustard for your favorite Dijon or horseradish.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER POTATO SALAD
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Gently fold in the cooled and drained cauliflower florets, eggs, celery, green onions and parsley
- Season with salt and pepper
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Low Carb Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish (optional)
- 4 free-range hardboiled eggs (4 egg whites + 2 egg yolks), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring about 2-3 inches of water to a boil in a large pot and place a steam basket with the cauliflower florets over it. The steam from the water will cook the cauliflower in about 5-7 minutes. Cook until fork-tender.
- Transfer the remainder of the hot cauliflower to a colander and run cold water over it to halt the cooking. Set aside to let the water drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Gently fold in the cooled and drained cauliflower florets, eggs, celery, green onions and parsley.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, so the salad gets cold and the flavors meld.
This was delicious. I roasted my cauliflower and used plain Greek yogurt and no Mayo. I actually think it was better than traditional potato salad. I would definitely make it again.