Spinach Quinoa Salad
There is so much to love about this Spinach Quinoa Salad! This completely addictive quinoa salad is a healthy mix of quinoa and spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and almonds all tossed in a delicious basil vinaigrette.
The combo of flavors in this quinoa and spinach salad is completely addicting, and it makes a perfect as a side dish or vegetarian main.
This salad is a gluten-free and protein-packed that’s both filling and satisfying.
Spinach Quinoa Recipe
This spinach quinoa is made with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s the basil vinaigrette that makes this salad completely addictive!
- Fresh baby spinach
- Cooked quinoa
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Sliced almonds
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil vinaigrette
How to Make Quinoa and Spinach Salad
This quinoa and spinach comes together in about 30 minutes start-to-finish.
- Cook quinoa.
- Add cooled cooked quinoa, baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and almonds to a bowl.
- Gently toss ingredients with basil vinaigrette to lightly coat
The inspiration for this easy spinach salad came from a penne dish served at Whole Foods. I’d find myself at lunchtime picking through the noodles to pluck out the spinach, tomatoes and almonds. So, here I’ve replaced the penne with quinoa, and I’ve loaded it much more generously with fresh baby spinach and delicious sun-dried tomatoes. I love the simplicity of this salad. It’s one of my favorites!
Looking for more healthy spinach recipes to serve?
These fresh spinach recipes are just a few of my favorite recipes that use baby spinach as a main ingredient.
- Spinach Berry Antioxidant Salad
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Easy Italian Chicken Skillet
- Spinach Leek Onion Frittata
- 1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dried, rinsed quinoa and 2 cups water)
- 2 cups raw baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained and chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup basil vinaigrette (add more if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 cups water in saucepan and add 1 cup dry quinoa. Place lid on pan and turn heat to low simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and after liquid has all evaporated, fluff with fork.
- In a large bowl add the cooled cooked quinoa, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and almonds.
- Add the basil vinaigrette and gently toss to distribute evenly.
- Garnish with more almonds and grated parmesan cheese.
For the Pesto Vinaigrette
- Place basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a blender.
- Pulse a few times, then slowly pour the olive oil in the blender.
- Continue to blend until dressing is smooth.
- Best if refrigerated for 1 hour before serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.