Easy Italian Chicken Skillet
This Easy Italian Chicken Skillet is a delicious and healthy one-pot meal to make any night of the week!
CHICKEN SKILLET RECIPE
I love easy chicken skillet recipes!! And this Easy Italian Chicken Skillet is one of my favorites! It’s loaded with fresh healthy ingredients, seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese, and it comes together in just about 25 minutes. Your whole family will love it!!
The chicken and vegetables in this chicken skillet dinner are super tender, moist and flavorful! This meal is made in one pot for easy prep and easy cleanup. It’s a total win-win!! I find thighs to be more tender, juicy and flavorful, so I used thighs for this dish, but you can use breasts if you prefer.
This skillet chicken recipe is my latest obsession lately. Starting with the fact that it’s made entirely in one pan with pieces of tender juicy chicken, sweet tomatoes, wilted spinach, fresh basil and seasoned with onion, garlic and parmesan cheese. Am I the only one like this? I can make a recipe I love over and over and over again. Never getting tired of it.
BENEFITS OF SPINACH
I love all of the spinach in this dish. Spinach is a great superfood! One cup of spinach provides about 40 percent of the recommended daily serving of magnesium (which can help regulate blood sugar). Spinach is also loaded with the potent antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid (which also regulates blood sugar levels). Spinach, like kale, lettuce, and chard, is rich with carotenoids (potent antioxidants that work to eliminate free radicals). And we all know that spinach is a rich source of iron. Just one cup of cooked spinach contains about 6 milligrams of iron. It’s suggested that women intake about 17 milligrams of iron daily.
Serve this Easy Italian Chicken Skillet with plenty of extra parmesan cheese and a big gorgeous leafy green salad. This meal is super quick and easy to make and you’re going to love it! I promise! It’s an easy chicken dinner recipe that your family will ask you to make time and time again!
MORE HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Chicken Marsala
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken
- Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast
- Chicken Chermoula
- Enchilada Style Baked Chicken
- Tuscan Chicken with White Beans
- Garlic Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
- Thai Chicken with Black Beans
- Mediterranean Chicken with Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lenghtwise
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is tender and slightly golden-brown.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the basil and spinach and cook just until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.