Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms
Chicken Marsala with mushrooms is a richly flavored and comforting Italian dish that quick and easy to make.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make chicken marsala, this is a super easy recipe to pull together any night of the week.
CHICKEN MARSALA INGREDIENTS
This recipe for chicken marsala with mushrooms is my favorite. We don’t add any cream to the sauce (like many recipes do), but we do add a little garlic to the mix while the mushrooms cook.
- All-purpose flour (gluten-free works)
- Seasoning – garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive oil and Butter (or butter substitute)
- Marsala Wine and Sherry
- Chicken Broth
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MARSALA
This easy chicken marsala comes together in about 30 minutes start-to-finish.
- Dredge Chicken in Flour – dredge the chicken breast halves in the flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
- Cook Chicken Breasts – cook chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Add Mushrooms – add butter, garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook mushrooms.
- Stir in Marsala Wine and Sherry – stir in marsala wine and cooking sherry and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine and sherry have reduced by half.
- Pour in Chicken Broth – pour in the chicken broth and cook until the sauce has begins to thicken.
- Return Chicken to Pan – return chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish – garnish with chopped parsley.
MORE EASY CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Baked Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- French Chicken Stew
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- Chicken Continental
- Italian Chicken Skillet
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- In a plate combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and freshly ground black pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Dredge the chicken breast halves in the flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- Add the Marsala wine and cooking sherry and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine and sherry has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has begins to thicken.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter and swirl in the sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.