Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
This Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette is a deliciously light and healthy homemade salad dressing that comes together in a pinch.
This Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette has a delicious light flavor and its super quick and easy to make. Just toss the ingredients into a mason jar and give in a good shake.
I love a good homemade salad dressing, and I’m a firm believer that if you have a few good homemade salad dressing recipes that are quick and easy to make, you’ll likely eat more salads. This easy vinaigrette recipe is one of my favorites!! I know – I say that about each of my vinaigrette recipes, but this one is really good!
This vinaigrette is made with simple ingredients that you’ll likely have on hand. Extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic and some dried oregano and basil leaves. The mustard emulsifies with the olive oil, giving this dressing a slightly creamy texture to it.
It can be very convenient to buy store-bought salad dressings, but if you keep a few simple ingredients on hand such as these, you’ll never be tempted to buy the bottled stuff at the market again.After you toss this healthy Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette on your next bowl of greens, it just might become you new favorite house salad dressing.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients (except the salt and pepper) to a mason jar. Seal the lid tightly and give a good shake. You can also add the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Or simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.