Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
This Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette uses fresh orange juice, alkalizing apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, a wee bit of pure maple syrup and heart-healthy olive oil. The sunny fresh flavors make for a lively citrus salad dressing that adds a lot of perk to any salad.
This citrus vinaigrette dressing is light and delicious and it’s pretty much a regular in my home. Especially during the warm summer months. It’s an easy vinaigrette recipe to make and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. And you’ve probably figured out by now that I love big beautiful salads especially when they’re tossed in fresh, healthy homemade salad dressings.
I love a good healthy homemade salad dressing. If you have a great salad dressing recipe – then you’ve got a great salad. And then you’re more likely to add more greens to your diet!. And homemade salad dressings, well – they just taste phenomenally way better than any bottled dressing out there! This Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette is one of my go-to recipes. Besides being a family favorite, this orange vinaigrette is always popular when I have family and friends over.
CITRUS SALAD DRESSING RECIPE
If you don’t like vinegar in your dressings (like my son) just sub out the apple cider vinegar with a little more orange juice or even lemon juice.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Orange zest
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Dijon mustard
- Pure maple syrup
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Directions: Place all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake well, or whisk ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk. You can also add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend well.
I especially love to toss this citrus vinaigrette with a salad made up of Romain lettuce leaves, fresh cilantro, red bell pepper, avocado, cucumber and heirloom cherry tomatoes. The citrus and cilantro combo… so good!!
HEALTHY SALAD DRESSINGS
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette
- 3-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake well, or whisk ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk. You can also add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend well.