Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
This Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette recipe (also called orange vinaigrette and orange salad dressing) uses fresh orange juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, a wee bit of pure maple syrup and heart-healthy olive oil. The sunny fresh flavors make for a lively citrus salad dressing that adds a lot of perk to a bowl of greens!
This orange vinaigrette is light and delicious and it’s pretty much a staple in my home. Especially during the warm summer months. It’s an easy vinaigrette recipe to make and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. And you’ve probably figured out by now that I love big beautiful salads especially when they’re tossed in fresh, healthy homemade salad dressings.
I love a good homemade salad dressing. If you have a great salad dressing recipe – then you’ve got a great salad. And then you’re more likely to add more greens to your diet!. And homemade salad dressings, well – they just taste phenomenally way better than any bottled dressing out there! This citrus salad dressing is one of my favorite go-to recipes.
Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
This orange vinaigrette comes together in a pinch!! Just place all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake well, or whisk ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- Citrus. We use fresh orange juice and zest for this recipe because it adds a fresh pop of flavor and slight sweetness. You could use lemon or limes if you prefer, but the dressing will be a little more tart.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. I like to add a little apple cider vinegar to this dressing, but you can add more orange juice or lemon juice if you prefer.
- Pure Maple Syrup. This adds a little sweetness and flavor to the dressing. You can use honey if you prefer.
- Dijon Mustard. Adding a bit of Dijon mustard makes the dressing creamy good (and also adds a little flavor).
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil. We use extra-virgin olive oil for this recipe, but you could use avocado oil if you prefer.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
I especially love to toss this citrus vinaigrette with a salad made up of Romain lettuce leaves, fresh cilantro, red bell pepper, avocado, cucumber and heirloom cherry tomatoes. The citrus and cilantro combo… so good!! Here are some other salads that this vinaigrette can be enjoyed with.
Looking for more homemade salad dressing recipes?
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- 3-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake well, or whisk ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.