Avocado Salad Dressing
This Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing (also called Avocado Cilantro Dressing) is a vegan avocado dressing recipe made with avocado, cilantro, orange juice, olive oil and a little jalapeno. It’s light and creamy and everything a good healthy salad dressing should be!
You’re likely to find that this Avocado Dressing is luscious and light and so completely addicting you’ll want to drink it.
Sometimes I think the easiest way to dress a salad is with a little olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Often times I’ll just drizzle and squeeze right over the leafy greens. But other times, I’ll make this avocado cilantro dressing which is a family favorite.
Avocado Dressing Recipe
This vegan avocado dressing calls for just a few simple ingredients.
- Avocado – The avocado not only adds flavor to this dressing, it adds luscious creaminess.
- Fresh squeezed orange juice – This is what really makes this dressing so good that you’ll want to drink it!
- Lime – A little lime adds a pop of flavor.
- Pure maple syrup – Just a wee bit for added sweetness.
- Fresh cilantro – Cilantro is a natural in this dressing since it goes so well with avocado.
- Jalapeño – Add as much or as little as you like. You can even swap it out and add minced pickled jalapeno instead.
- Olive oil – I use extra-virgin olive oil for this recipe, but you could use avocado oil if you prefer.
- Seasoning – Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
How to Make Avocado Dressing
This Avocado Salad Dressing is super easy to make, and if you’re like me, you’re going to make it a lot!
- Toss all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until creamy.
- Add a few drops of water or more orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Be sure to chill it in the refrigerate for a good 20-30 minutes before using.
Benefits of Eating Avocado
Creamy avocados are a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins C, E, K, B6, riboflavin, folate, magnesium and potassium. They’re also rich with lutein, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados are a good source of healthy fats that are beneficial for every cell in our body. Tossing your salads with this Avocado Salad Dressing is a great way to incorporate more avocado into your diet.
Eating Salad Everyday
Having a green salad everyday is a simple way to improve your health. Every type of fruit and vegetable contains different compounds to help your body fight disease. Adding more salad to your daily wellness plan is a great weight loss strategy too. Vegetables are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. Salads fill you up with healthy fiber leaving you feeling fuller while eating fewer calories. So when you’re at the market, reach for a variety of fruits and vegetables, and not just the usual suspects that you typically put in your cart.
This Avocado Salad Dressing is an incredibly delicious dressing that will go with just about any salad you’d want to toss it with.
Looking for More Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes?
If you like this Vegan Avocado Dressing recipe, be sure to check out my other salad dressing recipes.
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Basic Vinaigrette
- Italian Salad Dressing
Still want more ideas? Check out all my homemade salad dressing recipes.
Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette
This creamy Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette is made with avocado, cilantro, orange juice, olive oil and a little jalapeno. It's light and creamy and everything a good salad dressing should be!
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small jalapeño, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.