Ginger Salad Dressing
This immune-boosting Lemon Ginger Salad Dressing recipe is a bright and perky detox salad dressing that’s made with lemon juice, ginger, honey and olive oil. This ginger dressing so delicious, you’ll want to drink it!
If you love all thing ginger honey and lemon, you’ll love the flavor of this detoxifying ginger dressing.
This Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette is fresh and bright and has a vibrant lemon flavor with a bit of ginger warmth. It’s super easy to make and it’s loaded with nutritional perks.
Ginger Dressing Recipe
The key to the simple vinaigrette is to let it sit in the fridge for about an hour (longer if you have the time) before tossing the salad with it. Oh my goodness….the flavor of this vinaigrette after it’s been in the fridge for a bit is so good you’ll want to drink it! To make this salad, just place the ingredients in a mason jar, seal the lid, then shake to blend well.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh lemon juice for this recipe (Meyer lemons will work too).
- Fresh ginger – We use fresh ginger finely grated to add to this dressing. It adds so much flavor!!
- Clover honey – A hint of sweetness balances out the zing of lemon and heat of ginger.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – We use olive oil for this recipe, but you could also use avocado oil.
- Seasoning – Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
I love the simplicity of this ginger dressing, but if you want to amp up the nutritional value a bit, here are a few variations that people who have made it have tried.
- Add a clove of garlic
- Sprinkle in a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder (or freshly grated turmeric)
- Pour in a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar
How to Make It
To make this salad, just place the ingredients in a mason jar, seal the lid, then shake to blend well.
- Grate Ginger – Peel the ginger (discarding the peel) and grate it using a fine grater. If you don’t have a fine grater, then just finely mince the ginger.
- Juice Lemon – Using a juicer, measure out enough lemon juice for the recipe.
- Whisk – Whisk the grated ginger, lemon juice, honey and olive oil together in a small bowl. You can also add the ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid and shake well to belnd.
Ginger is rich with substances called gingerols, shoals, gingerdiones, which provide immune-boosting, antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that may help to ward off certain diseases. It is also rich with phytochemicals that help aid digestion and settling upset stomachs. These digestive properties help to stimulate the body’s natural cleansing and detoxifying process by eliminating waste and toxins. These properties may also thin blood, improve blood circulation and prevent blood from clotting. You can read more here about the Benefits of Ginger.
Lemons are rich with vitamin C , flavonoids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. (1)
Sweet honey is rich with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The properties found in honey may help lower LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) and triglycerides, while raising HDL cholesterol (the good kind). These properties may also help lower blood pressure. (2) (3)
Olive Oil Benefits
Heart-healthy extra-virgin olive oil is rich with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which may help lower your risk of heart disease and stroke,
The recipe for this Lemon Ginger Dressing was originally made for and shared with my Crunchy Detox Salad. It’s one of my most popular salad recipes here on The Harvest Kitchen. People are alway commenting to me about how much they love this dressing. This ginger dressing isn’t just for my detox salad, it also goes well with any of these salads:
- Spinach Berry Antioxidant Salad
- Superfood Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Healthy Coleslaw
Looking for More Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes to Make?
- Best Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Dressing
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Honey Lime Dressing
Still want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad dressing recipes.
Looking for More Ginger Lemon and Honey Recipes?
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Lemon Ginger Tea
- Ginger Paste
- Ginger Syrup
- Lemon Honey Ginger Syrup
- Lemon Ginger Popsicles
- Apple Pear Steamed with Ginger and Honey
Ginger Salad Dressing
This immune-boosting Lemon Ginger Salad Dressing recipe is a bright and perky detox salad dressing that's made with lemon juice, ginger, honey and olive oil. This ginger dressing so delicious, you'll want to drink it!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated (or finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the ingredients in a mason jar and seal the lid. Shake well. You can also place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Best if refrigerated for up to an hour before use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.