Oven Roasted French Fries with Kalamata Olive Aioli Dip
These Oven Roasted French Fries with Kalamata Olive Aioli Dip makes an incredible appetizer or side dish. The potatoes are tossed in a bit of olive oil then baked to perfection! As for the Kalamata Olive Aioli Dip – it’s completely addicting!!
HEALTHY FRENCH FRIES.
Learn how to make healthy French fries with this easy baked French fries recipe. These Oven Roasted French Fries are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. And when served with this Kalamata olive dip, they’re completely addicting!
The kalamata olive aioli dip to serve with these fries is completely addicting. Just a warning to you! I went with oven roasted French fries here to showcase the dip in lieu of deep frying them because the dip is not altogether what you would call “healthy”…so I went with a healthier version of the fries. Or frites as the French call them.
As for the baked French fries. Are they as good as deep fried? Pretty close! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside….and they’re better for you! So they’re relatively guilt-free.
Whoever you serve these baked French fries to – they will love you forever!
For the French Fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- 1 pound large russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Fleur de sel
Kalamata Olive Aioli Dip
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (Best Foods)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juic
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
For the French Fries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes into 3-inch long and 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the olive oil. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brow and crisp on the edges.
- Sprinkle with the Herbes de Provence and fleur de sel. Toss and serve with Kalamata Aioli Dip.
- In a food processor, process the garlic, olives and roasted garlic and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and process until well blended.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice off the top of each head of garlic to expose the cloves.
- Drizzle the garlic over the tops of each garlic head and rub the sides with the oil.
- Sprinkle a little kosher salt on top of each head.
- Place the garlic in a small baking dish.
- Pour hot water to reach one third of the way up the sides of the garlic heads. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, crimping the sides to seal tightly. Bake the garlic for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and soft and tender.