White Bean Chicken Chili
This White Bean Chicken Chili recipe is made with cooked chicken, cannellini beans, canned green chilies, onion, garlic and traditional Mexican seasoning. It’s a delicious, hearty and super easy white bean chili recipe to make.
This is the best white chicken chili recipe to make when you’re pinched for time. It’s got an incredible combo of flavors, and it’s super quick and easy to make. Plus your whole family will love it!
My family loves this white bean chili a little on the brothy side. If you prefer a thicker chili, then don’t add any extra broth or water per the instructions. We love to make this chili all year long, but especially during the cold winter months!
White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken white bean chili recipe is made with some pretty simple ingredients (chicken, canned cannellini beans, canned green chilies, broth, onion, garlic and seasoning).
- Chicken – we use cooked rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Aromatics – Onion and garlic add a lot of flavor to this chili.
- Seasoning – We use a mix of ground cumin, coriander and ground oregano.
- Canned green chiles – These chiles add a ton of flavor to the chili.
- Beans – We use Cannellini beans, but you could use Great Northern Beans or even small white navy beans if you prefer.
- Chicken broth – We use Low-sodium chicken broth, which also adds a nice flavor.
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Chili
This recipe for white bean chili is a quick and easy one to pull together.
- Cook aromatics – Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion to pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until tender, stir frequently. Stir in the green onion and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stir frequently
- Add seasoning – Add cumin, coriander, and ground oregano. Stir to blend.
- Stir in green chiles – Add the canned green chiles and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in beans and broth – Pour in the cannellini beans, chicken broth and water. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat.
- Add chicken – Stir in the chopped cooked chicken pieces.
- Simmer – Cover and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve – Serve this White Bean Chicken Chile with your favorite toppings like homemade tortilla chips or strips, avocado, grated cheese and sour cream.
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Baked Sweet Potato – stuff a baked sweet potato with the white bean chicken chili and top with cheese and sour cream
- Spanish Rice
- Spanish Quinoa
- Mexican Salad
- Romaine Salad
Looking for More Chili Recipes to Make
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 large onion)
- 3 green onion, sliced whites and light green parts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 4.5-ounce can chopped Ortega green chiles, drained
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 14-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water or more chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until tender, stir frequently.
- Add the green onion and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stir frequently
- Add cumin, coriander, and ground oregano, and stir to blend.
- Add the green chilies and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the cannellini beans, chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat.
- Add the chopped chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer on low for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with slices of tortilla chips, sliced avocado, grated cheese and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 58g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.