Roast Turkey Breast
This juicy Roast Turkey Breast makes a perfect mini holiday meal for a small intimate dinner party, but it’s also a great meal to make on the weekend for no special occasion at all.
When people think of making a turkey dinner, they expect it to be an all-day affair, but this oven roasted turkey breast t with roasted potatoes and green beans comes together in about 1-1/2 hours. If you’ve wondered how to roast a turkey breast, this is a foolproof recipe!
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE
- Olive oil
- Boneless turkey breast
- Baby potatoes
- Roasting onions
- Green beans
- Chicken broth
HOW LONG TO COOK TURKEY BREAST IN OVEN
Roast turkey breast is easy enough to make any night of the week!
- Boneless turkey breast takes about 50-60 minutes to cook for a 3 pound breast
- Bone in turkey breast will take about 1-1/4 -1-1/2 hours to cook for a 5-6 pound breast.
I like to make red potatoes and green beans with this Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast, but you could easily sub these sides out with sweet potatoes (if you want a healthier carb) and asparagus. The key is to have an entire meal roasting together in a single baking dish so you can take it right from the oven to the table.
But, if you’re like me, you probably prefer mashed potatoes with your turkey dinner – and that’s okay. It just means, we’re going to have one more thing wash after dinner. It’s a sacrifice that I’m usually willing to make!
What’s with the garlic and roasting onions? Well, tucked hidden under the foil they sort of marinate in the juices and add a ton flavor to your turkey and potatoes as they roast. And the onions also go nicely with the roasted potatoes! If you can’t find baby roasting onions, then just add wedges of onion instead.
TURKEY DINNER SIDES
These are easy side dish recipes that would pair nicely with this oven baked turkey breast.
This Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast is tender and richly flavored. If you’re lucky enough to have left-overs, there’s nothing better than turkey sandwiches! Hot or cold!! It’s almost worth making this turkey just so you can make turkey sandwiches out of it!
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- Greek Chicken Bowl
- One Pot Spanish Chicken
- Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 2 1/4-pound boneless turkey breast
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby roasting onions
- 2 garlic heads, bottoms cut off
- 2 8-ounce frozen packages trimmed green beans
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 heavy baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on 1 prepared baking sheet.
- Roast turkey for 40-45 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread potatoes and onions around turkey. Return turkey to oven and continue roasting another 15-20 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey registers 165°F and potatoes are fork-tender.
- While turkey roasts, toss string beans on second baking sheet with 1 tablespoon. Pour chicken broth over the beans and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are crisp-tender.
- Remove turkey, potatoes, onions and green beans from oven.
- Let turkey cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing.
- Arrange the sliced turkey breast, potatoes, onions and green beans on a serving platter. Spoon some juices over turkey, potatoes and onions, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley.