Roast Turkey Breast
This juicy Roast Turkey Breast makes a perfect mini holiday meal for a small intimate dinner party, but it’s also a great meal to make on the weekend for no special occasion at all.
When people think of making a turkey dinner they expect it to be an all-day affair, but this oven roasted turkey breast with roasted potatoes and green beans comes together in about 1-1/2 hours (depending on the size of turkey breast). If you’ve wondered how to roast a turkey breast, this is an easy recipe!
This Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast is tender and richly flavored. If you’re lucky enough to have left-overs, there’s nothing better than turkey sandwiches! Hot or cold!! It’s almost worth making this turkey just so you can make turkey sandwiches with it.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE
- Olive oil
- Boneless turkey breast
- Baby potatoes
- Roasting onions (tucked hidden under the foil the onions sort of marinate in the juices and add a ton flavor to your turkey and potatoes as they roast)
- Green beans
- Chicken broth
- Sage leaves
I like to make red potatoes and green beans with this Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast, but you could easily sub these sides out with sweet potatoes (if you want a healthier carb) and asparagus.
HOW LONG TO COOK TURKEY BREAST IN OVEN
Roast turkey breast is easy enough to make any night of the week!
- Boneless turkey breast takes about 50-60 minutes to cook for a 3 pound breast
- Bone in turkey breast will take about 1-1/4 -1-1/2 hours to cook for a 5-6 pound breast.
These are easy snack and appetizer recipes to make for your intimate dinner party.
TURKEY DINNER SIDES
If you prefer mashed potatoes with your turkey dinner, here’s a few mashed potato options that’ll pair nicely with this oven baked turkey breast.
HEALTHY THANKSGIVING DESSERTS
Easy dessert recipes to make your holiday meal complete.
Originally published 11.2018 – updated 11.2020
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 2-1/4-pound boneless turkey breast
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby roasting onions
- 2 garlic heads, bottoms cut off
- 2 8-ounce frozen packages trimmed green beans
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil on baking sheet or dish.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up on prepared baking sheet. Rub the breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add sage leaves to dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast turkey for 40-45 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread potatoes, garlic and onions around turkey and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover with foil and return turkey to oven and continue roasting another 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of turkey registers 165°F and potatoes are fork-tender.
- While turkey roasts, toss string beans on second baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pour chicken broth over the beans and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are crisp-tender.
- Remove turkey, potatoes, onions and green beans from oven.
- Let turkey cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing.
- Arrange the sliced turkey breast, potatoes, garlic, onions and green beans on a serving platter. Spoon some juices over everything and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 758Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 87g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.