Gluten Free Boozy Pecan Bars
For those of you who love pecan pie for Thanksgiving – you’re going to love these Gluten Free Boozy Pecan Bars! That taste every bit as good as pecan pie – only they’re made with all healthy ingredients. This flaky crust is made out of almond flour, coconut oil and a wee bit of Jack Daniels, and it’ll remind you of a shortbread cookie. The sweet center is made out of dates, pure maple syrup, pecans, eggs ….and a wee bit of Jack Daniels.
My mom especially loves these easy pecan bars because she never met a nut she didn’t love! She prefers that her desserts come with nuts – and the more the merrier! You can pull a batch of these Gluten Free Boozy Pecan Bars together in 30 minutes. They’re quick, easy and completely addicting. I cut this batch into bite-sized pieces, but feel free to crop them into larger pieces and serve with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt when they’re right out of the oven. Pure bliss!
Gluten Free Pecan Bars
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dates (about five dates), pitted
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Line a 8x8 square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
- Press crust mixture into the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
For the Center
- Using a stand mixer, add the dates and maple syrup and blend until the dates start to form into a paste.
- Add the eggs and and whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- Add the coconut oil, bourbon and pure vanilla extra. Cook over medium to low heat for about 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened. Turn off the heat and allow filling to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour filling mixture over the crust and decorate with the pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Love the bourbon in these bars Deborah! Perfect little holiday treat! Thanks for sharing!