Lemon Basil VinaigretteYum
This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is at the top of my short list of favorite salad dressings. This simple dressing uses fresh tender basil leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, a wee bit of Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil. It’s quick and easy, fresh and delicious, and it’s perfect on your favorite salad fix-ins.
This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is a great all-purpose salad dressing.to add to your repertoire. It makes a great match with just about every salad ingredient you could toss into a bowl.
This dressing also makes an irresistible dipping sauce for crunchy vegetables and crusty breads. Though I swear every dressing I love is irresistible with a crusty bread.
When I make this dressing, I rarely measure. I pack the bowl of the food processor with basil leaves, toss in a very generous heap of grated parmesan cheese (let’s be honest, the parmesan cheese makes this vinaigrette the prized dressing that it is), then I start the processor and slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube until the basil and cheese starts making magic in the bowl. Once you taste this simple Lemon Basil Vinaigrette, it’s likely to shoot right to the top of your short list of favorite dressings as well!
I first featured this vinaigrette with this awesome Kale Salad (my house salad), but I make this dressing so often that I thought it should have it’s own space here at THK!
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a blender.
- Pulse a few times, then slowly pour the olive oil in the blender.
- Continue to blend until vinaigrette is smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving