Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe
This easy Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe is made with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice, ground turmeric and a drizzle of honey. I use Bragg ACV with mother for this recipe. There are so many benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar. It’s one of those great drinks to boost immune system.
There are so many health benefits of Apple Cider Vineger! This is Apple Cider Vinegar Drink is an easy recipe that’ll you’ll want to add to your daily wellness plan so you can take full advantage of all the benefits ACV has to offer!
This apple cider vinegar and lemon juice drink can be sipped on throughout the day to help keep our bodies in a well balanced alkalized state.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice Recipe
This Apple Cider Vinegar and weight loss drink uses a few simple ingredients.
- Water – Use a natural spring or filtered water.
- Raw organic apple cider vinegar with mother – Be sure to get apple cider vinegar with mother. I like to use Braggs ACV.
- Lemon juice – We use fresh squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. Don’t use the bottled stuff.
- Ground turmeric – Turmeric doesn’t dissolve well, so you’ll want to stir the drink a few times as you sip on it.
- Raw honey – Adds a little sweetness as well as nutritional benefits to this drink.
- Black pepper – Just a pinch will help our body to assimilate the turmeric better.
- Cinnamon sticks – These are optional, but adds a nice flavor to the drink.
This apple cider vinegar and lemon juice drink can be a tad bitter tasting, so here are a few ideas that you can try to make it a more enjoyable drink.
- Add a splash of orange juice, pineapple juice or cranberry juice
- Use sparkling water instead of plain water
- Stir in a spoonful of this Ginger Simple Syrup instead of honey
- Add flavor ice like these Immune Boosting Whole Lemon Ice Cubes, Cold Fighting Citrus Ice Cubes, Immune Boosting Flavored Ice Cubes and Hydrating Lemon Cucumber Ice Cubes
- Toss in some Honey Lemon Ginger Slices
- Drink with warm water as an apple cider vinegar morning drink
- Add muddled fresh herb leaves
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
It’s so simple! You just add the ingredients to a mason jar and seal the lid tightly then shake well to blend.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar with mother (I like to use Bragg ACV with mother) and 8 ounces of purified water to a mason jar.
- Stir in the lemon juice, turmeric and honey.
- Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously to blend.
- I recommend drinking through a straw to protect your teeth enamel.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. It has high levels of acetic acid. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its strong smell and taste. Organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar with mother contains a murky substance at the bottom of the bottle. This murky substance is called the “mother”. The apple cider vinegar mother is rich with proteins, enzymes and good bacteria. You want to always shake the bottle well (with the lid on of course) to blend the “mother” before use.
Best Way to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Does apple cider vinegar help you lose weight? Possibly! Drinking apple cider vinegar with mother may increase feelings of fullness and satiety which may help reduce the amount of food we consume during the day. (1)
According to one study, taking 1 – 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day for up to three months helped adults lose an average of 2.6 and 3.7 pounds, and people who consumed 2 tablespoons daily lost nearly twice as much weight in three months compared to dieters who did not take apple cider vinegar as part of their weight loss plan. Apple cider vinegar isn’t a magic pill. It helps dieters with weight loss and weight management best when it’s added to their daily wellness plan. (2) (3)
To make an apple cider vinegar Just stir 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink before a meal.
Benefits of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties in addition to providing these other health benefits
- Aids digestion
- Gives a boost of energy
- Helps maintain a healthy alkaline state
- Provides antibacterial and antiviral properties (4)
- Manage blood sugar levels. May help to control diabetes and lower blood sugar levels (5) (6) (7)
- May aid weight loss (8)
- Might help lower LDL cholesterol levels (bad kind of cholesterol) and triglycerides
Looking for more Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes?
Not a fan of Apple Cider Vinegar? Try these other Immune Boosting Drinks:
- Celery Juice Recipe
- Immune Boosting Ginger Tea
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Turmeric Shots
- Ginger Shot
- Refreshing Detox Water
- Lemon Water
Still want more ideas? Check out all my healthy detox drink recipes.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) filtered water
- 2 teaspoons unfiltered raw organic apple cider vinegar (I use Braggs ACV)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoons Raw honey (more for desired taste)
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Add the ingredients to a mason jar and seal the lid tightly.
- Shake to blend well.
- Sip throughout the day.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.