Cranberry Juice Detox
This Cranberry Juice Detox drink made with apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice. It’s rich with vitamin C, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking cranberry juice (pure unsweetened cranberry juice) may help strengthen your immune system, aid digestion and support renal and cardiovascular health and more.
Drinking cranberry juice mixed with apple cider vinegar makes a healthy immune boosting drink that helps cleanse our system and promotes weight loss.
Cranberry juice can be a great substitute for sports drinks and sodas. Fruit and unsweetened fruit juices contain high levels of compounds called polyphenols that supports the immune system. Drinking 1-2 glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice daily before every meal may help to boost metabolism and flush toxins from our bodies. The apple cider vinegar (with mother) added to this drink may increase feelings of fullness which may help reduce the amount of calories we consume during the day. (1)
Cranberry Juice Detox Recipe
- Unsweetened cranberry juice (pure cranberry juice)
- Unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- Sparkling water
- Orange juice or honey as a sweetener
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
Use fresh Pomegranate Juice instead of cranberry juice
How to Make a Cranberry Juice Detox Drink
- Pour apple cider vinegar, pure cranberry juice and sparkling water in a glass. Add a splash of orange juice or a drizzle of honey to sweeten. Stir to blend.
- Add ice
Health Benefits of Cranberry Juice
Cranberries are comprised of about 90% water. There’s a host of benefits of cranberries, and drinking cranberry juice (pure cranberry juice) provides you with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, quecertin, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin B6. It helps to aid digestion, prevent urinary tract infections and supports cardiovascular health.
- Rich Source of Antioxidants. Cranberries are rich with potent antioxidants. They contain more antioxidants than many other fruits and vegetables, including strawberries, spinach, broccoli, red grapes, apples, raspberries, and cherries. However, cranberry’s cousin, the blueberry, still has more potent antioxidant properties than the cranberry. (2)
- Cranberry Juice UTI. Cranberries contain compounds found in certain plants known as proanthocyanidins. These compounds help to prevent urinary tract infections by stopping bacteria from attaching to the lining of the urinary tract, which then prevents bacteria from being able to spread and causing infection. (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Supports Cardiovascular Health. Flavonoids may help decrease the risk of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Inflammation plays a role in harming blood vessels and arteries which causes them to attract plaque which then causes atherosclerosis.
- Aids Digestion. The properties found in cranberries can help prevent certain bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) from growing in the stomach lining. (7) (8) (9)
Cranberry Juice Brands
Is Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice good for you? Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice is a popular brand and it’s probably one of the most convenient to buy since most grocery stores carry it. Ocean Spray makes a cranberry juice that’s made with 100% cranberry juice without added sugar or sweeteners. Many brands of cranberry juice contains added sugar and sweeteners, because pure cranberry juice is not terribly palatable. Whichever brand of cranberry juice you choose, be sure to read the ingredients to make sure it is 100% juice and contains no added sugar or sweeteners.
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice (100% Juice – No Added Sugar) – most grocery stores carry Ocean Spray (was my dad’s favorite)
- R.W. Knudsen (Just Cranberry or Cranberry Nectar) – this can be found at health food stores (it’s my personal favorite)
- Lakewood (Pure Organic Cranberry – Fresh Pressed) – many health food stores carry this
- 365 Every Day Value (100% Juice from Concentrate) – this can be found at Whole Foods Market
- L&A Cranberry Juice (All Cranberry – 100% Cranberry Juice) – this can also be found at many health food stores
Benefits of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar
According to one study, taking 1 – 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day for up to three months helped adults lose an average of 2.6 and 3.7 pounds, and people who consumed 2 tablespoons daily lost nearly twice as much weight in three months compared to dieters who did not take apple cider vinegar as part of their weight loss plan. Apple cider vinegar isn’t a magic pill. It helps dieters with weight loss and weight management best when it’s added to their daily wellness plan. (10)
Here’s some other health benefits to drinking apple cider vinegar:
- Aids digestion
- Gives a boost of energy
- Helps maintain a healthy alkaline state
- Manage blood sugar levels. May help to control diabetes and lower blood sugar levels
- May aid weight loss
- Might help lower LDL cholesterol levels (bad kind of cholesterol) and triglycerides
- Provides antibacterial and antiviral properties
Best Way to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Looking for More Detox Drink Recipes
- Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Immune Boosting Ginger Tea
- Beet Ginger Detox Juice
- Turmeric Shots
- Ginger Shot
Still want more ideas? Check out all my detox drink recipes.
- 3/4 cup sparkling or spring water
- 1/8 cup unsweetened organic cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice (Juice of 1/2 Orange)
- Lemon slices and mint for garnish
- Pour apple cider vinegar, pure cranberry juice and sparkling water in a glass.
- Add a splash of orange juice or a drizzle of honey to sweeten. Stir to blend.
- Add ice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.