Pineapple Ginger Shot
This Ginger shot is a mix of fresh ginger that we juice with fresh pineapple and lime. It’s loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits to give a good boost to your immune system.
Homemade wellness shots provide a concentrated dose of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, and they’re super easy to make. You will need a juicer or high powered blender.
GINGER SHOT RECIPE
This wellness shot recipe is a simple blend of ginger and pineapple with lime.
- Fresh ginger
HOW TO MAKE GINGER SHOTS
Making wellness juice shots at home takes about 10 minutes start-to-finish depending on the amount of shots you make.
- Prep Ginger and Fruit – peel and chop fresh ginger, pineapple and lime
- Juicer – push the ginger, pineapple and lime through the tube feeder on a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, then blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and strain though a fine mesh sieve and discard any remaining pieces of fruit and ginger.
- Pour – pour about 1/3 cup for each shot
I typically juice up a whole pineapple at a time with about 6 1-inch pieces of ginger and 2 – 4 limes and then pour the shots in these little containers that I purchased at Smart and Final. The pineapple sweetens the taste a bit and makes it a little easier to down the ginger juice in a shot.
There’s a lot of good reasons to drink pineapple ginger juice!
Ginger is part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom. Its spiciness comes from components known as ketones and gingerols found in ginger. And it’s been used for ages for the treatment of the common cold, nausea, arthritis and high blood pressure and more. It’s rich with antioxidants, being surpassed only by pomegranate and some berries. (1) Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory and it stimulates digestion and aids in proper absorption of nutrients from foods. (2)
GINGER SHOT BENEFITS
- Rich with Antioxidants – ginger is rich with antioxidants, being surpassed only by pomegranate and some berries.
- Powerful Anti-inflammatory – ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory benefits which may help relieve cold symptoms such as congestion.
- Digestive – ginger aids with digestion and helps to stimulate the body’s natural detoxification process
- Cardiovascular – ginger helps to improve blood circulation
BENEFITS OF PINEAPPLE
There are a lot of health benefits of drinking pineapple juice!
- Rich with vitamin c – vitamin C which helps to support the immune system
- Good source of magnesium – magnesium is essential for proper nerve and muscle function
- Rich with Bromelain – bromelain has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and helps support digestion by breaking down proteins. (3)
MORE DRINKS TO BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Turmeric Shots
- Pineapple Ginger Cleansing Juice
- Immune Boosting Carrot Ginger Juice
- Beet Ginger Detox Juice
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Iced Orange Ginger Green Tea
- Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Ice Cubes
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 3 1-inch knobs of fresh ginger
- 1 whole lime, peeled and cut in half
- Peel and chop fresh ginger, pineapple and lime
- Push the ginger and fruit through the tube feeder on a juicer. If you don't have a juicer, then blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and strain though a fine mesh sieve and discard any remaining pieces of fruit and ginger.
- Pour about 1/3 cup for each shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.