Pineapple Ginger Shot
Ginger shot (also called immunity shots) is rich with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s an easy ginger shot recipe made with fresh ginger, pineapple and lime that makes really great drinks to boost immune system.
This homemade immunity shot provides a concentrated dose of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits to strengthen your immune system. It’s an easy ginger shot recipe that you can make at home with a juicer or a blender.
The immune system is a complex fighting system that protects us against infection, disease and it helps us recover after injuries. And in order to keep a healthy balanced immune system, it’s important to eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that are rich with vitamin C and antioxidants that protect our bodies from oxidative stress. Popular ginger shots are drinks to boost immune system because of their high concentration of vitamin C, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Ginger Shot Recipe
This ginger shot recipe is a simple blend of just three ingredients – ginger and pineapple with lime. It’s one of my favorite drinks to boost immune system that I’ll make when I’m feeling a little run down and during cold and flu season.
- Fresh ginger
How to Make Ginger Shots
Making an immunity shot at home takes about 10 minutes start-to-finish depending on the amount of shots you make. I typically juice up a whole pineapple at a time with about 6 1-inch pieces of ginger and 2 – 4 limes and then pour the shots in these little containers that I purchased at Smart and Final. The pineapple sweetens the taste a bit and makes it a little easier to down this ginger shot.
- Prep Ginger and Fruit. Peel and chop fresh ginger, pineapple and lime.
- Juice. Push the ginger, pineapple and lime through the tube feeder on a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, then blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and strain though a fine mesh sieve and discard any remaining pieces of fruit and ginger.
- Pour. Pour about 1/3 cup for each shot
Ginger Shot Benefits
If you’re wondering what ginger shots are good for – they are a condensed drink that’s loaded with immunity boosting benefits. Ginger is part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom. Its spiciness comes from components known as ketones and gingerols found in ginger. And it’s been used for ages for the treatment of the common cold, nausea, arthritis and high blood pressure and more. It’s rich with antioxidants, being surpassed only by pomegranate and some berries. (1) Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory and it stimulates digestion and aids in proper absorption of nutrients from foods. (2)
- Rich with Antioxidants – ginger is rich with antioxidants, being surpassed only by pomegranate and some berries.
- Powerful Anti-inflammatory – ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory benefits which may help relieve cold symptoms such as congestion.
- Digestive – ginger aids with digestion and helps to stimulate the body’s natural detoxification process
- Cardiovascular – ginger helps to improve blood circulation
Benefits of Pineapple
Ginger shots typically aren’t the most pleasant to drink. I like to add pineapple to my ginger shots to give them a little bit of sweetness to make them a little more tolerable to consume. Pineapple is also rich with immune boosting properties
- Rich with vitamin c – vitamin C which helps to support the immune system
- Good source of magnesium – magnesium is essential for proper nerve and muscle function
- Rich with Bromelain – bromelain has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and helps support digestion by breaking down proteins. (3)
Looking for More Drinks to Boost Immune System?
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe
- Turmeric Shots
- Pineapple Ginger Cleansing Juice
- Immune Boosting Carrot Juice
- Beet Ginger Detox Juice
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Iced Orange Ginger Green Tea
- Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Ice Cubes
Still want more ideas? Check out all my healthy drink recipes.
Pineapple Ginger Shot
This Ginger shot is a mix of fresh ginger that we juice with fresh pineapple and lime. It's loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits to give a good boost to your immune system.
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 3 1-inch knobs of fresh ginger
- 1 whole lime, peeled and cut in half
- Peel and chop fresh ginger, pineapple and lime
- Push the ginger and fruit through the tube feeder on a juicer. If you don't have a juicer, then blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and strain though a fine mesh sieve and discard any remaining pieces of fruit and ginger.
- Pour about 1/3 cup for each shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.