Beet Ginger Detox Juice
This Beet Ginger Detox Juice is a delicious beet juice recipe made with raw beetroot, apple, ginger, lemon and parsley. This vibrant cleanse drink is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and it will help stimulate the body’s natural detoxifying process.
This powerful liver cleanser is a delicious way to reap the rewards of beetroot benefits. Beet juice is a powerful liver cleanser and it’s high in betalains and other compounds that provide anti-inflammatory benefits. For this liver cleanse juice, we add apple, lemon, parsley and ginger for an incredible combination of flavors.
Adding homemade fresh juice to your daily wellness plan is an easy way to boost your immune system. This beet juice is a favorite of mine and I make it at least once a week.
Beet Juice Recipe
This 5 ingredient beet juice recipe uses fresh organic produce.
- Raw beets
- Gala or Honeycrisp apples
- Fresh ginger, peeled
- Organic parsley
- Fresh lemon
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
- Use fresh pineapple instead of apple. My son really likes to make it with fresh pineapple and extra ginger.
How to Make Beet Juice
- Place all of the detox drink ingredients in the juicer and juice.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
- Store in mason jars in the refrigerator.
Are Beets Good For You
Yes! Beetroot benefits your whole body! Beets are rich with vitamins (folate), minerals (potassium and iron), antioxidants (vitamin C), and fiber. Betalains are the reddish pigments found in certain fruits and vegetables (like beets). These betalains are rich with phytonutrients that provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification benefits.
Health Benefits of Beet Juice
- Improves Blood Flow
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Detoxifies The Liver
- Helps with Iron Deficiency and Anemia
- Good for Muscles (may increase muscle strength)
- Treats Inflammation
The combination of these natural ingredients makes for a powerful liver cleanse drink.
- Beets: Beetroot benefits have been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and vascular-protective effects benefits. (1) They also contain lutein and zeaxanthin which offer support for eye health.
- Apples: Heart-healthy apples provide important polyphenols (quercetin) that are rich with antioxidant properties. The apples added to this liver detox provides just the right amount of sweetness. a
- Parsley: Parsley contains a substance called chlorophyll, which has been shown to detoxify, purify and rejuvenate our bodies. The anti-inflammatory properties found in parsley help build strong blood and renew tissues. You can read more here about the benefits of parsley.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich with anti-inflammatory properties. You can read more here about the health benefits of ginger.
- Lemon: Rich with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting, alkalizing and detoxifying benefits.
Beetroot Benefits for Skin
Our skin has two layers: the outer layer (epidermal) and inner layer (dermal) which provides strength and elasticity and nutritional support to the outer layer. Skin contains high concentrations of vitamin C and vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis. As we age our bodies produce less collagen (the most abundant form of protein found in the body) and the lack of collagen can result in wrinkles and sagging skin. With healthy collagen levels, skin tends to be smooth and firm. You can help boost collagen levels by consuming foods that are rich with vitamin C – like beetroot, citrus and other fruits and vegetables. (2)
I love adding beets to my salads! It’s a great way to sneak this healthy root into your diet. And, even if you’re not a big fan of beets, tossing them in salads (dripping with delicious homemade salad dressings) just might change your mind about things.
- Beet Kale Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Beet Salad
- My Favorite House Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Superfood Salad
- Colorful Beet Salad
More Cleanse Drink Recipes to Try
This Beet Ginger Detox Juice is hands-down my favorite cleanse drink! My son actually got me hooked on it. I was buying it weekly at my local health food store, and then I started making batches of it at home. It’s really delicious and refreshing and I love all the nutritional perks that go along with it. These are some of my other cleanse drink recipes that I love to make!
- Celery Juice Recipe
- Ginger Shot
- Immune Boosting Carrot Juice
- Grilled Pineapple and Kale Juice
- Iced Orange Ginger Green Tea
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Pineapple Detox Water
- 2 large raw beets, peeled
- 3-4 large Gala or Honeycrisp apples
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- a large fistful of organic parsley
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- Place all of the ingredients in the juicer and juice.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 15gSugar: 61gProtein: 4g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.