This lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette recipe is a tasty homemade salad dressing that’s made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, garlic, Dijon mustard, fresh parsley and extra-virgin olive oil. If you love homemade salad dressings, this Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette dressing just might be your new go-to dressing!
This Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette has a delicious tart and salty flavor that goes well with just about any salad you’d want to serve it with.
What Is Parmesan Vinaigrette?
Parmesan Vinaigrette is a simple salad dressing that goes well with just about any salad you could toss it with whether its a leafy green salad, lentil salad, pasta salad or quinoa salad. It also makes a really delicious marinade for chicken, fish or vegetables.
Parmesan Vinaigrette Recipe
This lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette recipe is made with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic and some fresh parsley finely chopped. The mustard emulsifies with the olive oil, mellowing the lemon tang a bit and giving this dressing a slightly creamy texture to it.
- Lemon juice. You’ll need about 4 lemons (depending on the size) for this recipe. It’s a main flavor in this dressing so use freshly squeezed juice (not the bottled stuff).
- Dijon mustard. A little Dijon mustard adds flavor and helps to emulsify the dressing which makes it a little creamy.
- Garlic. Use 1 to 2 cloves garlic grated or finely minced.
- Extra virgin olive oil. Use a good extra-virgin olive oil, but you can use avocado oil if you prefer.
- Cheese. We use about 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese for this dressing,
- Seasoning. We add freshly cracked pepper and about 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley to the dressing. No additional salt is needed because Parmesan cheese is salty enough.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
How To Make Parmesan Vinaigrette Dressing
This easy salad dressing recipe comes together in a pinch. Just add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together using a wire whisk. You can also add the ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid tightly, and give it a good shake. The ingredients will solidify overnight in the refrigerator, so set the vinaigrette out for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Measure Ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix Ingredients. Using a wire whisk, blend the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and cheese together. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking. Or simply add the ingredients together in a mason jar, seal the lid tightly and give a good shake.
- Season. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Storage. Store in an air-tight container or a mason jar in the refrigerator.
This lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette is a delicious dressing to serve with simple green salads, lentil salads, quinoa salads and it also makes a really great marinade.
- Toss with a bowl of simple greens or this Everyday Mediterranean Salad, Italian Salad, Romaine Salad, Chef Salad, Broccoli Salad and this Everyday Tossed Salad
- Marinate chicken before grilling
- Drizzling over grilled chicken or fish
- Marinate vegetables before grilling
Looking For More Easy Vinaigrette Recipes To Make?
- Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ginger Salad Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Honey Lime Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing.
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 4 lemons freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curly parsley finely chopped
- Whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, grated garlic and cheese to a small mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the extra-virgin olive oil in a stream while whisking the ingredients together.
- Add the finely chopped parsley and season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Store in an air-tight container or a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If the dressing is too tart for your taste, add another tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Alternatively, you can also add the ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid and give a good shake to mix the ingredients together.
- The ingredients will solidify overnight in the refrigerator, so set the vinaigrette out for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.