Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
This Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing recipe is a delicious homemade salad dressing that is is made with Gorgonzola cheese, champagne vinegar, fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic and extra-virgin olive oil. If you love making homemade salad dressings, then this gorgonzola vinaigrette goes with just about any salad you’d want to toss it with.
Gorgonzola dressing is super easy to make and it is light, creamy and really delicious! Gorgonzola cheese is more mild than blue cheese and it adds a lot of flavor and creaminess to this dressing.
The recipe for this Gorgonzola dressing is my riff on one of the dressings a restaurant near my home (Flower Child) serves with their salads. To make it, just add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until its smooth and creamy. Refrigerate before serving. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week
Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing Recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil. You could use avocado oil if you prefer.
- Vinegar. We use champagne vinegar, but white wine vinegar will work fine too.
- Lemon juice. Use fresh squeezed.
- Cheese. Use a good Gorgonzola cheese which is a mild Italian blue cheese.
- Garlic. Adds a nice pop of flavor.
- Season. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Gorgonzola Dressing
- Blend ingredients. Add the ingredients to a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Chill. Refrigerate the dressing up to an hour before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend together.
- Store. Put the dressing in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
What Is Gorgonzola Cheese?
Can I use Blue Cheese Instead?
Blue cheese is saltier, has a more intense flavor and is less creamy than Gorgonzola. It is probably better used in a mayo based dressing like the classic blue cheese salad dressing. This gorgonzola dressing is lighter and has a mild flavor making it perfect for people who don’t like the robust flavor of blue cheese.
What Salads Can I Serve This Gorgonzola Vinaigrette With?
- Italian Style Chef Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Everyday Mediterranean Salad
- Italian Salad
- Romaine Salad
Looking For More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes?
- Parmesan Vinaigrette
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ginger Salad Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Honey Lime Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing.
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (white wine vinegar will work too)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the ingredients to a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.