Lemon Dill Sauce
Lemon Dill Sauce (Greek yogurt sauce) is a quick and easy dill sauce recipe made with plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest and fresh dill.
This dill sauce is much easier to make than tzatziki and it’s perfect to serve with grilled salmon and vegetables, and your favorite Greek and Mediterranean dishes.
Dill Sauce Recipe
This easy dill sauce recipe calls for just 7 ingredients and it comes together in a pinch! It requires much less prep time that making traditional tzatziki sauce with grated and drained cucumber.
- Greek Yogurt (use full fat for a richer flavor)
- Real mayonnaise (adding mayo makes the sauce extra creamy)
- Lemon juice and zest
- Fresh dill (use fresh dill if you can – it has fresh and perkier flavor than dried)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle in 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder for added flavor
- Add 1 minced garlic clove instead of garlic powder
- Add a teaspoon or two (or more) of water to your dill sauce if you want a thinner consistency.
How to Make Lemon Dill Sauce
- Blend ingredients. Add ingredients to a small bowl. Using a whisk or fork blend the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh dill.
- Seasoning. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate. This dill sauce can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Be sure to stir before serving.
How to Serve this Dill Sauce
This quick and easy to make dill sauce is a perfect sauce to serve with a variety of meals and healthy snacking.
- Mediterranean dishes: Serve as a dipping sauce to Chicken Shawarma and Chickpea Patties
- Greek Dishes: Slather it on Grilled Turkey Burgers and add a dollop to this Greek Chicken Bowl
- Vegetables: Serve as a dip with fresh a crudites platter and as a dipping sauce for these Cheesy Quinoa Broccoli Patties, Baked Zucchini Chips and Oven Roasted French Fries
Greek Yogurt Health Benefits
There’s a lot of choices out there when buying Greek yogurt. The best Greek yogurt to reach for at the market is plain and unsweetened yogurt.
- Probiotics. Greek yogurt is rich with healthy bacteria (called probiotics) that’s important for a strong immune system as well as soothing digestive issues. Healthy bacteria helps to balance our digestive tract so we won’t have too much bad bacteria building up in our system.
- Protein. Greek yogurt is a rich source of protein that your body uses to build healthy bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and hair. Protein is also needed for energy and important for a healthy immune system.
- Calcium. Greek yogurt is a good source of calcium which is vital for building strong bones and muscle and helping to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Potassium. Greek yogurt is also a good source of potassium which helps regulate blood pressure and balance sodium levels in our body.
- Vitamin B12. Greek yogurt is a good source of Vitamin B12 which is needed for the formation of red blood cells and DNA synthesis.
Looking for more easy sauces, salsas and dressings dinner to serve?
- Classic Burger Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Basil Pesto
- Heart Healthy Avocado Mayonnaise
- Easy Homemade Salsa Verde
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Lemon Dill Sauce
Lemon Dill Sauce is a quick and easy sauce made with plain Greek yogurt, lemon (juice and zest), fresh dill and a couple tablespoons of mayo. Serve this perky yogurt dill sauce with grilled salmon and vegetables, and your favorite Mediterranean dishes.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat)
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh dill.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate in a sealable jar for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.