Classic Burger Sauce
Up your burger game to the next level with this creamy Classic Burger Sauce recipe! This homemade burger sauce is a delicious concoction made with mayo, ketchup, mustard and dill pickle relish.
I love everything about this homemade Burger Sauce! It’s perfect with burgers, wraps and sandwiches. It also makes a great dipping sauce for chicken tenders, nuggets, fries and onion rings.
Create amazing burgers with this simple burger sauce. This sauce is super inexpensive to make, comes together in a pinch and tastes amazing! Your whole family will love it!
What is Burger Sauce
A good burger sauce recipe with have a blend of flavors that will remind you of your favorite diner burger. The base ingredients are mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish. There are some burger sauce recipes that call for adding sugar and vinegar to the mix, but I prefer to keep the ingredients simple with a blend of classic burger condiments and flavors.
Burger Sauce Recipe
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. There’s not much to it, other than measuring out the ingredients, then whisking them together with a fork. Then slather generously on your burger or bun and enjoy!
- Mayonnaise – This is the base of the sauce. I use Best Foods (I think its called Hellman’s on the East Coast), but you can use a vegan mayo if you prefer.
- Ketchup – Adds a hint of sweetness. I use Heinz Ketchup, but use whatever brand you prefer.
- Yellow Mustard – I like the flavor of French’s yellow mustard best, but you can use whatever brand you like.
- Dill Pickle Relish – I prefer the flavor of Vlasic dill pickle relish, but if you have a favorite, then use that. I also like the flavor of dill pickle relish for this recipe instead of sweet dill pickle relish.
- Freshly cracked black pepper – we add just a pinch of black pepper to the mix.
How to Make Homemade Burger Sauce
This recipe is a simple one to make. And its a family favorite that we traditionally always made for our burgers. I recommend making it in advance so the flavors have a chance to really meld together in the refrigerator.
- Measure Ingredients – Measure out your ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk Ingredients – Whisk the ingredients together using a fork or a wire whisk until they are well blended.
- Refrigerate – Place plastic wrap tightly over the bowl and refrigerate for up to an hour before serving (longer is even better) to allow the flavors to blend.
How to Store Burger Sauce
Because this homemade burger sauce is made with mayonnaise, it will need to be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator where it’ll keep for up to 7-10 days. Just be sure to whisk it again with a fork before serving.
What to Serve with Homemade Burger Sauce
Not only is this Homemade Burger Sauce great for burgers, it’s also great for sandwiches, chicken tenders, chicken nuggets and as a dip for French fries and onion rings.
- Chopped Cheese
- Grilled Turkey Burgers
- Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
- Mexican Avocado Chicken Burgers
- Easy Chickpea Patties
- Oven Roasted French Fries
Looking for More Sauce Recipes to Make?
- Lemon Dill Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Basil Pesto
- Heart Healthy Avocado Mayonnaise
- Classic Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Pinch of black pepper
- Add the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish to a medium bowl. Using a wire whisk or fork, whisk to combine ingredients.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.