Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette
This creamy Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette is made with avocado, cilantro, orange juice, olive oil and a little jalapeno. It’s light and creamy and everything a good healthy salad dressing should be!
You’re likely to find that this avocado dressing is luscious and light and so completely addicting you’ll want to drink it.
Sometimes I think the easiest way to dress a salad is with a little olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Often times I’ll just drizzle and squeeze right over the leafy greens. But other times, I’ll make up a delicious healthy salad dressing like this one!
AVOCADO SALAD DRESSING RECIPE
This vegan avocado dressing calls for just a few simple ingredients.
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Pure maple syrup
- Fresh cilantro
- Jalapeño, minced
- Olive oiL
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO SALAD DRESSING
This avocado dressing is super easy to make, and if you’re like me, you’re going to make it a lot!
- Toss all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until creamy.
- Add a few drops of water or more orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Be sure to chill it in the refrigerate for a good 20-30 minutes before using.
BENEFITS OF EATING AVOCADO
Creamy avocados are a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins C, E, K, B6, riboflavin, folate, magnesium and potassium. They’re also rich with lutein, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados are a good source of healthy fats that are beneficial for every cell in our body.
EATING SALAD EVERYDAY
Having a green salad everyday is a simple way to improve your health. Every type of fruit and vegetable contains different compounds to help your body fight disease. Vegetables are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. So when you’re at the market, reach for a variety of fruits and vegetables, and not just the usual suspects that you typically put in your cart.
HEART HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING RECIPES
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- Healthy Citrus Vinaigrette
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Cleansing Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Basic Vinaigrette
- Italian Salad Dressing
Originally published on 9.2015 – updated 11.2019
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small jalapeño, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.