Turmeric Cauliflower ChowderYum
This Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder is a simple vegetarian recipe that is loaded with cauliflower, carrots, celery and onion and deliciously flavored with ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric and a wed bit of coconut milk. It’s Ready to enjoy in just about 40 minutes.
This Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder is a quick and flavorful pot of soup that will warm you to your core and give your immune system a good boost through cold and flu season.
This simple mirepoix is a mix of roughly chopped onions, carrots, and celery. Sauteed in olive oil with a little added minced garlic makes for a delicious flavor base for many of my soup recipes.
Turmeric is a strong antioxidant and provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Add it to your soups, smoothies and stir-frys to incorporate more of it into your diet.
You can garnish this chowder with chopped parsley, cilantro, or celery leaves. Sometimes instead of adding parsley or cilantro to my soup, I’ll coarsely chop some celery leaves for the added flavor and nutritional perks. Ccelery provides antioxidant, alkalizing and anti-inflammatory benefits. You can also garnish with some micro-greens if you want to get serious about garnishing your soup with additional nutritional benefits!
I love how simple ingredients like these can pull together to create something so incredibly luscious yet complex! Serve this healthy Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder with a large green salad for a complete meal. Soup and salad is truly my favorite kind of meal!
Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced (or grated)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth, add more if needed
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garnish with chopped cilantro, parsley or celery leaves
- Heat the oil in your soup pot. or Dutch oven.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower and heat through.
- Stir in the turmeric and cumin.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Place lid on the soup and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, blend half of the soup mixture (leaving nice chunks of cauliflower and carrots and celery).
- Pour in the coconut milk and reheat soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, parsley or celery leaves.