Creamy Cauliflower White Bean Soup
This Creamy Cauliflower White Bean Soup recipe is one of my favorite creamy soup recipes. It’s loaded with cauliflower, carrots, celery and onion. Blended white beans are used to thicken this healthy cauliflower soup instead of milk or cream.
If you love easy healthy soup recipes, then you’ll love everything about this healthy cauliflower soup! It’s a quick and richly flavored pot of soup that makes for a perfect winter meal. Just serve with warm crusty bread and a big green salad.
Creamy Cauliflower White Bean Soup Recipe
I love how humble ingredients like these can pull together to create something so incredibly luscious like this Creamy Cauliflower Soup.
- Cauliflower, florets and stems (about 6 cups), reserve about 1 cup for roasting to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Onion, peeled and chopped
- Celery stalks, chopped
- Carrot, peeled and grated
- Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Canned white beans, rinsed and drained (I use canned cannellini beans)
- Low-sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried leaves)
- Parmesan cheese
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower White Bean Soup
This cauliflower soup recipe is one of those easy healthy soup recipes that you can pull together in about 40 minutes start-to-finish.
- Chop Cauliflower – chop the cauliflower into florets into bite-size pieces, keeping some stems and discarding any tough parts.
- Cook Onion, Celery and Carrot – Cook onion, celery and carrot. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add Cauliflower and Garlic – stir in the cauliflower and garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in Beans, Broth, Thyme and Parmesan Cheese Wedge – add beans, broth, thyme and Parmesan cheese wedge and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer – simmer soup for about 15 – 18 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft.
- Purée Soup – using an immersion blender (or slightly cool and blend in a stand blender) puree the soup.
- Enjoy – serve soup topped with roasted Parmesan Cauliflower croutons.
- We add a 1-inch piece of Parmesan cheese to the pot as this healthy cauliflower soup simmers. It adds a really nice flavor!
- We grate the carrot for this soup (rather than chopping), so when the soup is blended you’re left with little flecks of carrot, rather than it turning your soup orange.
- I like to garnish this soup with Parmesan Cauliflower “croutons”. Small pieces of cauliflower are roasted in the oven with a wee bit of olive oil and garlic, then tossed in Parmesan cheese like my Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
Looking For More Healthy Soup Recipes?
- Vegetarian Tuscan White Bean Soup
- French Lentil Soup
- Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder
- Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
- Italian Lentil Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets and stems (about 6 cups), reserve about 1 cup for roasting to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (I use cannellini beans)
- 1 quart reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried leaves)
- 1 1-inch chunk Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into florets into bite-size pieces, keeping some stems and discarding any tough parts.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic, and stir to coat.
- Add beans, broth, thyme and Parmesan cheese wedge and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer on low for about 15 - 18 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Purée with an immersion blender (or slightly cool and blend in a stand blender).
- Serve soup topped with roasted Parmesan Cauliflower croutons.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.