Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
This Nourishing Immune Boosting Chicken Soup recipe is a richly flavored soup with carrots, celery, bok choy, onion, garlic, ginger and curry.It is a great nourishing immunity soup to enjoy all winter long.
This immunity soup is loaded with fresh organic vegetables and seasoned with ginger, garlic and a wee bit of curry. It’s a cozy winter soup that you’ll want to make time and time again.
A cold wet winter day begs for a big pot of piping hot soup simmering on the stove. This immune boosting soup checks all of the boxes for me. It’s easy and light and deeply flavorful, and it’s a soup your whole family will love!
Immune Boosting Soup Recipe
This immunity boosting soup recipe is crowded with fresh organic produce, chicken, garlic, ginger and curry.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bok Choy
- Fresh ginger
- Curry powder
- Chicken stock
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Immune Boosting Soup
This immunity soup comes together in about 30 minutes start-to-finish.
- Saute Vegetables. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion, carrots, celery and ginger and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Toss in the garlic, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in the curry powder.
- Add Chicken. Pour in the chicken broth and chopped chicken and bok choy.
- Simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and let the simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish. Garnish soup with sliced scallions and chopped cilantro.
In the past, I’ve added jasmine rice to this immunity boosting soup (which will slightly thicken the broth a bit and add a nice depth of flavor). I’ve also added buckwheat noodles. But my favorite is to add a generous heaping of cauliflower rice to the bottom of my bowl, then ladle the piping hot soup over the top and toss in a fistful of daikon sprouts for good measure.
Looking for More Nourishing Soup Recipes to Make?
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
- Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder
- Immune Boosting Broccoli Soup
- Nourishing Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Spring Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Soupe au Pistou
- Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup
Originally published January 15, 2020
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups bok choy (about 2 small heads), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped or shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion, carrots, celery and ginger and cook for 6-7 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry powder, chicken stock, and chicken and stir to combine.
- When the soup reaches a simmer, stir in the bok choy.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes just until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Garnish with sliced scallions, chopped cilantro or daikon sprouts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 1017mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 40g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.