Coconut Curry Broccoli Soup
This vegan Coconut Curry Broccoli Soup is an easy vegan broccoli soup recipe to make any night of the week. It has an incredible combo of exotic flavors and it’s loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties! This is one of my more popular healthy soup recipes!
If you love richly flavored soups, you’ll love this Coconut Curry Broccoli Soup! It’s gluten-free, low-fat and ready in about 30 minutes.
This chunky soup is loaded with broccoli florets, leaves, stalk and all, making it more of chowder than a soup. If you’re looking for a healthy broccoli soup recipe, you’ll want to give this recipe a try. It’s a super easy broccoli soup recipe to pull together.
Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
This healthy broccoli soup recipe has a fairly short list of simple ingredients that you should be able to easily find at the market.
- Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Milk
- Curry Paste
- Spices (coriander, turmeric and cumin)
How to Make Broccoli Soup
This healthy broccoli soup comes together in about 30 minutes start-to-finish.
- Saute onion. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Cook the chopped onion, garlic and ginger over low heat.
- Add broccoli. Add broccoli and pour in broth
- Seasoning. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, coriander, turmeric and cumin.
- Simmer. Simmer soup for about 20 minutes.
- Blend. Using a stick blender, blend half of the broccoli mixture (leaving nice chunks of broccoli), and for a creamier soup go ahead and blend all of it.
- Add coconut milk. Pour in the coconut milk and reheat soup.
- Serve. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro
Benefits of Broccoli
- Detoxification. Broccoli contains a combination of three phytonutrients, glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. These compounds help to support the body’s natural detoxifying process, which includes neutralizing and eliminating harmful contaminants.
- Anti-Inflammatory. Broccoli is a particularly rich source of a flavonoid called kaempferol, Kaempferol helps the body to combat allergies and inflammation, and it may also help ward off bacteria and viruses.
- Improves Vitamin D Deficiency. Vitamin D helps to promote the body’s absorption of calcium which promotes bone health.Broccoli contains vitamins A and K, which may help to maintain balance of the metabolism of vitamin D.
You can read more here about the Benefits of Broccoli
Healthy Soup Recipes
- Vegetable Soup
- Immune Boosting Broccoli Soup.
- Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
- Curried Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Turmeric Cauliflower Chowder
- Coconut Curry Soup with Chickpeas
- 2 large bunches of broccoli, peel stems and chop all
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (extra-virgin olive oil works as well)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- Heat the oil in your soup pot.
- Add the onions and jalapeño. Sauté until the onions are golden.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, coriander, turmeric and cumin.
- Place lid on the soup and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, blend half of the broccoli mixture (leaving nice chunks of broccoli).
- Pour in the coconut milk and reheat soup.
- Garnish with cilantro
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.