Learn how to make oatmeal strawberry smoothie with this easy oatmeal smoothie recipe. This Oatmeal Smoothie is made with gluten-free whole grain oats, vegan milk, frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, and pure vanilla extract. And it’s rich with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and fiber.
You’ll love that this strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie is gluten-free, vegan and naturally sweetened. It’s a rally great smoothie to add to your daily wellness plan!
Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
This is the short list of healthy smoothie ingredients you’ll need to make this smoothie. I make it often, so I always keep a stash of frozen berries and frozen bananas in the freezer.
- Milk or Non-dairy milk
- Rolled oats (don’t use instant)
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen bananas (this is the recipe I use for freezing bananas)
- Pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup (optional – but I usually add pure maple syrup to mine)
This Oatmeal Smoothie is very versatile! Instead of strawberries, feel free to use blueberries, raspberries, a mix of berries, mango or peaches.
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
This strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie is a super easy oatmeal smoothie recipe to pull together in about 5 minutes start-to-finish.
- Blend oats so it resembles oat flour. (If you have a high powered blender, you don’t need to do this step first, just add the oats in with the other ingredients and blend)
- Add the frozen strawberries and bananas, vegan milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup to the blender and blend. The blended frozen banana gives this smoothie a creamy dessert like quality.
- You can add 2-3 ice cubes or a little more almond milk/coconut milk or water to smoothie if it’s too thick. (I prefer to add 2-3 ice cubes)
- Pour in glass and serve with a straw. Or if you like your smoothie thick, then pour in a bowl, garnish with berries, nuts, seeds and eat with a spoon.
Is Oatmeal a Grain?
Oats are a whole grain known as Avena sativa.
Does Oatmeal Have Protein?
Oats contain more protein than other cereals like wheat, barley and rye. The amino acid make-up of oats is also superior to wheat, barley and rye, containing more of the essential amino acids lysine and trytophan.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- Homemade Instant Oats
- Berry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Heart Healthy Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Cereal
- Quinoa Oatmeal Cereal
More Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Smoothie
- Banana Milk
- Acai Bowl
- Pitaya Bowl
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Vegan Strawberry Cacao Nib Smoothie
- Cocoa Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 15 frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen banana slices (about 1 small banana)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Blend oats so it closely resembles oat flour. (If you have a high-powered blender, this step is not necessary - just blend oats with other ingredients).
- Add the frozen strawberries and bananas, vanilla extract and maple syrup to the blender with the blended oats and blend.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes, or 3-4 tablespoons vegan milk or water to reach desired consistency.
- Pour in glass and serve with a straw.
Substitute the strawberries for blueberries, raspberries, mango, peaches, orange, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1564Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 391gFiber: 78gSugar: 196gProtein: 21g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.