Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
These kid-friendly Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats are a healthy breakfast that you can easily prep ahead for busy mornings.
OVERNIGHT OATS WITH ALMOND MILK
These Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats are made with organic oats, almond milk, peanut butter, chia seed jam, and a wee bit of honey. Reaching for these Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk is really great way to start your day!
OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE (What you’ll need)
Overnight Oats with Almond Milk are super easy to make! I use this Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam for this recipe, but you can use your favorite store-bought jam or jelly. These Vegan Overnight Oats are made with purely with almond milk. No yogurt or dairy milk is added.
- Organic oats
- Almond milk
- Natural unsweetened peanut butter
- Jelly (natural or homemade)
- Pure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
- Blend almond milk, peanut butter and honey in a mason jar or small bowl. Combine well
- Stir in the oats and make sure they’re all covered
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours)
- Serve with Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam and banana slices
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, however, they’re best within the first 12-24 hours
ARE OATS GOOD FOR YOU
Yep! Very! Oats are among the healthiest grains on the planet. They’re high insoluble fiber which helps to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Having Overnight Oats with Almond Milk on hand is a really great way to incorporate more oats into your diet. They’re so easy to make and if you make individual servings in mason jars, then they’re a great healthy breakfast (or snack) to grab on the run. Many years ago my dad was diagnosed with high cholesterol. The doctor put him on meds, but my dad wanted to get his cholesterol down naturally. So, he ate oatmeal every morning for breakfast and sometimes, he’d have a second bowl in the evenings while he read a book or watched tv. He got his cholesterol down lower than mine!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure clover honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Blend almond milk, peanut butter, honey and pure vanilla extract in a mason jar or small bowl. Combine well.
- Stir in the oats so they're well blended. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, best if overnight
- Serve with Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam and banana slices.