Heart Healthy Overnight Oats
These Heart Healthy Overnight Oats are a super easy overnight oats recipe to pull together. This heart healthy breakfast is rich with fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Heart Healthy Overnight Oats are a healthy and satisfying combination of rolled oats, sliced almonds, flaxseeds, shredded coconut and almond milk. This is an easy overnight oats recipe that you’ll want to make time and time again!
Overnight Oats Recipe
- Organic rolled oats
- Ground cinnamon
- Pure vanilla extract
- Flax seeds (or hemp seeds or chia seeds)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sliced almonds
- Almond milk (plain or vanilla – if using vanilla almond milk, then omit the pure vanilla extract)
- Greek yogurt
- Garnish with fresh berries, banana slices, plain Greek Yogurt
How to Make Overnight Oats
These easy overnight oats come together in about 5 minutes to prep, then chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the oats, yogurt, cinnamon, flax seeds, coconut and almonds
- Pour in the almond milk and add the yogurt
- Blend well
- Seal the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap
- Refrigerate (soak) overnight
- Garnish with your favorite ad-ins
To make your life easier, you can soak these overnight oats in mason jars for you to grab on the run as you race out the door in the morning.
Overnight Oats Ideas
I typically garnish these easy overnight oats with mixed berries and a dollop of Greek yogurt. But you can get creative and add in whatever will satisfy your tastebuds, such as
- Cacao nibs
- Additional flax or chia seeds
- Pure maple syrup
- Banana slices, pomegranate
- Pan roasted apples and pears with cinnamon
- Peanut butter and jelly
Benefits of Oats
Oats are among the healthiest grains on the planet. They’re high insoluble fiber that can help to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and it also helps to promote healthy gut bacteria.
More Heart Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Berry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Orange Yogurt Sauce
- Quinoa and Oatmeal Cereal
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Hot Oatmeal Cereal
- Best Granola Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (or hemp seeds or chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup almond milk (plain or vanilla - if using vanilla almond milk, then omit the pure vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Garnish with fresh berries, banana slices, plain Greek Yogurt and a dollop of the fruit from the yogurt container (I love the cherry)
- In a medium size bowl, mix the oats, yogurt, cinnamon, flax seeds, coconut and almonds.
- Pour in the almond milk and blend well.
- Seal the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, or make individual mason jars filled for breakfast on the go.
- Refrigerate (soak) overnight.
- Garnish with fresh berries and Fage Greek Yogurt and a dollop of the fruit from the yogurt container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 735Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 19gSugar: 63gProtein: 43g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.