Berry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Baked Oatmeal is an easy oatmeal breakfast bake made with gluten free oats, fresh berries, frozen bananas, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, walnuts, coconut almond milk and eggs. This is an easy baked oatmeal recipe to pull together and it tastes absolutely amazing. Your whole family will love it!
Hands-down, this is the best baked oatmeal I’ve ever had. It’s studded with a mix of berries and naturally sweetened with frozen bananas and pure maple syrup. The flavor is amazing and the texture might remind you a little of bread pudding. Honestly, this banana baked oatmeal is so good you might be tempted to eat it for dessert!
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Oats: We use ld fashioned rolled oats for this recipe.
- Eggs: A couple of eggs are added to help to hold the ingredients together.
- Butter: You can use regular unsalted butter or vegan butter for this recipe, which adds a delicious buttery flavor.
- Frozen bananas: Sliced frozen bananas are added for a little sweetness and flavor. They practically melt while baking, making the oatmeal tender and delicious. If you use fresh bananas instead, then you’ll want to mash them a bit.
- Berries: I use a mix of fresh berries which gives this oatmeal a delicious flavor.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup is our sweetener for this recipe (along with the bananas). We also drizzle a little over the top with the walnuts for an amazing crispy topping.
- Almond coconut milk: I like to use an almond and coconut milk blend, but you could use almond milk, or whatever vegan milk you prefer. (I use an almond coconut milk blend by Califia found in the refrigerated section at markets)
- Cinnamon: A little added cinnamon just adds to the amazing blend of flavors.
- Pure vanilla extract: Also adds to the incredible mix of flavors.
- Chopped walnuts: Chopped walnuts with an extra drizzle of pure maple syrup and dabs of vegan butter are added at the end to create an incredible topping.
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Baked Oatmeal with Fruit
This healthy baked oatmeal recipe is one of those great breakfast recipes that you can prep ahead of time to pop in the oven the next morning.
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking dish: Lightly butter (using vegan butter or coconut oil) one 8×8 inch baking dish (you can also spoon mixture into ramekins to make individual baked oatmeal cups).
- Whisk ingredients: Whisk together the ingredients, except the fruit. Gently fold in the bananas and berries and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Topping: Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the top with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and dabs of vegan butter. This creates a really delicious topping when baked.
- Bake: Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden.
How to Serve this Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
This berry oatmeal bake is amazing piping hot fresh from the oven, but I’d never turn my nose up to it served cold. It’s THAT good! It’s amazing on its own and doesn’t need to be served with anything at all, but if you like, you could serve it with a dollop of vegan butter and a drizzle of pure maple syrup, or a dash of vegan milk or a dollop of yogurt. Or go ahead and serve it for dessert with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt.
Looking For More Oatmeal Recipes?
- Homemade Instant Oats
- Oatmeal Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats
- Heart Healthy Overnight Oats
- Quinoa and Oatmeal Cereal
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Hot Oatmeal Cereal
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (you can also use vegan butter)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut almond milk (I use an almond coconut milk blend by Califia found in the refrigerated section at markets)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill organic GF rolled oats)
- 3/4 cup sliced frozen banana (about 1 small banana)
- 1-1/2 cup organic mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter (using vegan butter or coconut oil) one 8x8 inch baking dish (you can also spoon mixture into ramekins to make individual baked oatmeal cups).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla extract, coconut almond milk and cinnamon.
- Stir in the oats and frozen banana slices.
- Fold in the berries.
- Pour mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the top.
- Dab 1 tablespoon butter broken up into small pieces over top
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.