Quinoa and Oatmeal Cereal
This Quinoa and Oatmeal Cereal is a quinoa cereal recipe made with quinoa and oats. This quinoa hot cereal is tasty and packed with nutritional perks, making it a great way to start your day!
Start your day off with this cozy Quinoa and Oatmeal Cereal. This quinoa cereal is simple to make and comes together in about 30 minutes.
Quinoa Oatmeal Cereal Recipe
- Steel-cut oats
- Ground cinnamon
- Pure vanilla extract
- Golden raisins
- Oat milk for serving
- Fruit for serving
How to Make Quinoa Hot Cereal
- Cook cereal. Bring water quinoa and oats and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and raisins.
- Serve. I’ve added some banana slices and a handful of blueberries (because I’m a creature of habit this way), but you could add your favorite fruits/berries and nuts and seeds. Drizzle a little honey or maple syrup over this breakfast cereal to give it just a touch of sweetness and serve with some oat milk (or your favorite nut milk).
How to Reheat Cereal
- Add the cooked cereal to a saucepan with a little water or oat milk (or your favorite nut milk) to the cereal over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through.
Looking for More Healthy Oats Recipes to Make?
- Heart Healthy Overnight Oats
- Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Homemade Instant Oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic golden raisins
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, quinoa and oats and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and raisins.
- Before serving, reheat cereal in saucepan (if needed), over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally and adding water if needed, until warmed through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.