Orange Chia Seed Drink
This Orange Chia Seed Drink (also called chia seed water) is a refreshing and nutritious drink made with from soaking chia seeds in water and orange juice. It’s rich with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and much more. It’s also one of my favorite chia seed drink recipes!
One of the easiest ways to incorporate chia seeds into your diet is to add chia seeds in water or juice to make a healthy drink. This is a quick and easy chia seed water recipe to help you stay hydrated and energized while providing valuable nutritional benefits.
We all know that it’s important to stay hydrated and to consume antioxidant-rich and high-fiber foods to improve our overall health. Well, these tiny little seeds are rich with both antioxidants and fiber, so this orange chia seed water is a good drink to add to your daily wellness plan.
Orange Chia Seed Drink Recipe
This orange chia drink couldn’t be any easier to make. You’ll be soaking chia seeds in water mixed with orange juice for 20-30 minutes (you can soak them overnight as well). While soaking, these tiny seeds will absorb the liquid and will expand and produce a gelatinous substance similar to tomato seeds which will thicken the drink a bit.
- Water or coconut water
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Chia seeds
In keeping with my obsession with flavored ice cubes…. I like to make up a mixture of orange juice and chia seeds (3 tablespoons chia seed per 1 cup juice – let the seeds soak for 20-30 minutes) and turning it into ice cubes so I can conveniently add the orange juice chia seed cubes to a glass of water whenever I want.
How to Make Orange Chia Seed Water
- Mix liquids. Mix water and orange juice in a drinking glass.
- Add chia seeds. Stir in chia seeds.
- Refrigerate. Place the glass in the refrigerator and let the chia seeds set and the mixture thicken a bit for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve. Stir again before drinking.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
These tiny little seeds are a rich source of …
- Minerals (Calcium, potassium, magnesium and manganese)
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Vitamins A, B, D and E
- Protein (2 tablespoons chia seeds provide about 4 grams protein – a good protein source for vegans and vegetarians)
- Fiber (2 tablespoons chia seeds provides about 11g of fiber)
What Do Chia Seeds Do
- Give you energy
- Aid with digestion
- Boost your immune system
- Help stabilize blood sugar levels
- Possibly help you lose weight
Chia Seeds and Weight Loss
Chia seeds are a rich source of fiber, and fiber absorbs water in the stomach which helps to curb appetite. The protein found in chia seeds also helps to curb appetite by making us feel full longer.
Recipes With Chia Seeds
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
Healthy Drink Recipes
- Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink
- Hibiscus Tea Recipe
- Pomegranate Water
- Pineapple Detox Water
- Iced Orange Ginger Green Tea
- 2 cups water or coconut water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Mix water and orange juice in a drinking glass.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Let set for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir again before drinking.
Tips for Making Chia Seed Water
- You can soak the chia seeds in the water and orange juice overnight.
- After soaking, the chia seeds will will absorb the liquid and will expand and produce a gelatinous substance similar to tomato seeds which will thicken the drink a bit.
- To make ice cubes, mix 3 tablespoons chia seed per 1 cup juice and let soak for 20-30 minutes. Then pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.