Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
This creamy Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding is studded with soft, slightly chewy, little pearls of chia seed. This healthy pudding is made with almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, chia seeds, pure maple syrup and vanilla, and it’s loaded with a host of nutritional benefits.
OVERNIGHT CHIA SEED PUDDING
This Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding recipe is naturally delicious, low in fat and calories, and packed with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and plant protein.
CHIA SEED PUDDING RECIPE (What you’ll need)
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Pure vanilla extract
- Honey or pure maple syrup
HOW TO MAKE CHIA SEED PUDDING
- Whisk chia seeds in a bowl with almond milk and Greek yogurt until well blended
- Add vanilla and maple syrup (or honey) and whisk
- Seal bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but overnight is best
For a creamier pudding, you can blend this pudding in a blender for a smoother, creamier texture. I personally like the flecks in my pudding, since it reminds me of tapioca pudding. One of my favorites! Serve this Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with plenty of fresh seasonal fruit, nuts, seeds, or serve with chocolate shavings and raspberries for a decadent dessert. You can also spike your pudding with a dash of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves for a chai latte flavor. This is a versatile little recipe that can be served for either for breakfast or dessert.
WHAT ARE CHIA SEEDS
Chia are tiny little seed-like fruit that grows on the Salvia Hispanica plant, which is part of the mint family.
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds have been touted as a superfood. And with good reason. They’re loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein, They give a boost to energy levels, aid with digestion and help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or you can use honey)
- Place chia seeds in a bowl with almond milk and Greek yogurt and whisk until well blended.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup (or honey) and whisk well.
- Set in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but best if kept in the fridge overnight.