This creamy Mango Slaw is light, fresh, creamy, crunchy and so easy to make!! It’s a delicious mix of green cabbage, red cabbage, red pepper, carrots, cilantro and mango all tossed in a creamy citrus coleslaw dressing.
This healthy creamy coleslaw is perfect for backyard barbecues and potlucks. It pairs nicely with grilled fish or chicken, and it’s also great stuffed inside a taco. This slaw is tossed in a delicious citrus dressing made with Greek yogurt, orange juice, lime juice, mango and jalapeno.
This Mango Slaw has a really great balance of flavors, textures and colors. I’ll sometimes add onion to the mix, either red or green sliced very thin onion. But the real star of this healthy coleslaw is the mango. It adds such a perky freshness and pop of flavor that screams of summer!!
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE
This recipe calls for only 6 coleslaw ingredients.
- Green cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Red pepper
- Coleslaw dressing
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE COLESLAW
This Mango Slaw takes about 15 minutes to make start-to-finish, but let it chill in the refrigerator for a bit to let the flavors come together.
- Make slaw dressing: Blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Prepare ingredients: Cut, chop, slice and julienne the ingredients.
- Mix ingredients: Combine the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, cilantro, onion and mango in a large bowl.
- Toss slaw: Pour enough slaw dressing over the ingredients and toss to lightly coat.
- Refrigerate: Pop the homemade coleslaw in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
CREAMY COLESLAW DRESSING
This creamy coleslaw dressing has such an incredible combo of flavors!! You might be tempted to drink it with a straw!
- Greek yogurt
- Orange juice concentrate
- Lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE COLESLAW DRESSING
This dressing makes this mango slaw really unique. It gives these humble ingredients an incredible pop of flavor!
BENEFITS OF MANGO
Mango is rich with antioxidant compounds (which may help to improve eye health, alkalize the entire body, aid in digestion, and give a boost to the immune system). It’s also a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6.
BENEFITS OF CABBAGE
Cabbage is part of the cruciferous vegetable family. It’s rich with potent antioxidant and anti-cancer compounds called isothiocyanates—chemicals that give a boost to the body’s own natural detoxification process, and it contains phytochemicals that may help remove cancer causing free radicals from the body. Cabbage is also rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which helps to promote eye health. And it’s a good source of vitamin K, which is important for bone metabolism and to also help ward-off Alzheimer’s disease.
MORE SUMMER SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Best Tuna Pasta Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Healthy Coleslaw
- Mexican Fruit Cups
- Mexican Gazpacho Fruit Salad
- Packable Fresh Fruit Salad
- Summer Melon Salad
- Summer Berry Salad
Originally published 2.2018 – updated 6.2020
- 6 cups green cabbage, sliced thin
- 6 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 small mango, peeled and julienned
Creamy Coleslaw Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup mango, fresh or frozen, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, cilantro, onion and mango in a large bowl.
- Toss with citrus dressing until the slaw ingredients are lightly coated.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.
For the Creamy Coleslaw Dressing
- Add the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.