Mexican Fruit Cups are made with a variety of fresh fruit sprinkling of Tajin seasoning and served with a lime. These refreshing fresh fruit cups make a great snack or a light breakfast, and they’re perfect for parties, potlucks and backyard barbecues!
These Mexican fruit cups are made with fresh pineapple, mango, watermelon, cantaloupe, jicama and lime. A Mexican spice blend called Tajin (made of chile, dried lime juice and salt) is sprinkled on top for an authentic Mexican flavor.
This recipe is as easy as making a fruit salad, but what makes this salad a little extra special is that it’s drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled with Tajin chile lime seasoning! Well, that and the fact that it’s pre-portioned in containers so you can grab and go as you head out the door to work or school. These healthy fruit cups are also really great to serve for brunch with this Spanish Frittata or these Healthy Breakfast Burritos, and potlucks and backyard barbecues with Mexican Avocado Chicken Burgers and Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas.
Fruit Cups Recipe
- Tajin seasoning
- Add Mexican papaya and cucumber to the mix.
How To Make Fruit Cups
- Peel and chop: Peel and chop fruit into 1-inch cubes. and to a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Fill cups: Evenly distribute the chopped fruit and lime wedges into 6 18-ounce clear plastic cups leaving enough room to place a lid on top.
- Season: Sprinkle Tajin seasoning over fruit and add a lime wedge to each cup.
- Refrigerate: Chill in refrigerator before serving.
What Is Tajin Spice?
Tajin is a mix of chile powder, dehydrated lime juice and salt. It contains no artificial coloring or flavoring or added sugar. It has a zesty citrus flavor with a very mild kick to it. You should be able to find Tajin it at your local market and it’s inexpensive to purchase.
How Many Cups of Fruit Per Day?
- It’s recommended by the USDA guidelines that the average adult consume two servings of fruit per day (which equals about 1-1/2 cups). (1)
- Eating a diet high in fruits (and vegetables), which are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and flavonoids, can help boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and help reduce risk of developing certain diseases. (2) (3)
Looking for more easy fruit salad recipes to make?
- 4 cups watermelon, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-3 lemons, cut into wedges
- Tajin seasoning (1/4-1/2 teaspoon per fruit cup)
- Peel and chop fruit into 1-inch cubes.
- Add the chopped fruit to a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Evenly distribute the chopped fruit and lime wedges into 6 18-ounce clear plastic cups.
- Sprinkle Tajin seasoning over fruit.
- Add lime wedges to each cup, then place plastic lid on each fruit cup and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove plastic lid and poke a plastic fork in each fruit cup before serving.
You can also add Mexican papaya and cucumber to the mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 8gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.