Lemon Garlic Oil
This Lemon Garlic Oil recipe (garlic infused olive oil) is an easy garlic oil recipe that’s made with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. It’s great for roasted vegetables, garlic bread and it makes a delicious lemon garlic chicken marinade.
Garlic, olive oil and lemon is a combo that’s like a match made in Heaven! This lemon garlic infused olive oil is liquid gold and turns anything it touches into a really special dish.
This lemon garlic infused oil recipe is one you’re going to want to keep in your back pocket! It’s simple to make and it’s a great way to add flavor to chicken, fish, roasted vegetables and even pan-roasted tomatoes. You can also brush it on bread and pop it in the oven or on a grill to make amazing garlic bread. This garlic oil recipe has a number of uses and it make whatever food it touches taste extra flavorful.
Garlic Oil Recipe
Garlic, olive oil and lemon juice make a quick and easy infused oil recipe that makes everything it touches delicious.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8-10 large garlic cloves
How to Make Garlic Oil
- Mix the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender until the texture is creamy and the garlic is minced into fine pieces.
How to Use Lemon Garlic Oil
You can turn just about any dish into something really special with this lemon garlic infused olive oil. Besides making a great lemon garlic chicken marinade, there’s so many different ways you can use it to cook with! It will keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. And it will solidify a bit while in the refrigerator, so you’ll need to set the jar on the counter for 10-15 minutes or so before use. Be sure to stir or shake well before using.
- Chicken and Fish. I first started making this Lemon Garlic Oil to make this really incredibly delicious Chicken Shawarma. But you can also use it to make skillet chicken with (no need to marinate first). Just pour 3-4 tablespoons in a pan and cook chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in remaining oil in pan, pour over the chicken, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. So good! You can also use this as a marinade for fish (for lemon garlic salmon) or just simply cook the fish in a skillet with it.
- Vegetables. You can toss veggies like asparagus, cauliflower or an assortment of vegetables and potatoes with it then roast in the oven.
- Pan Roasted Tomatoes. Heat 3-4 tablespoons in a pan, add chopped tomatoes and seasoning for quick pan-roasted tomatoes to garnish cooked chicken with (like I did for this Chicken Shawarma).
- Lemon Garlic Pasta. Heat 1/2 cup in skillet, season with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, toss with 1 pound cooked spaghetti, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup finely minced parsley.
- Garlic Bread. Brush it over French bread and toast in the oven or pop on a grill to make delicious Garlic Bread.
How to Use Lemon Garlic Oil to Marinate Chicken
Add your chicken breasts, thighs and legs to a bowl, baking dish or large freezer bag. Pour the lemon garlic infused olive oil over the chicken and turn over to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap or seal your freezer bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate. At a minimum the chicken should marinate for about 1 hour, but over night is even better to really infuse the flavors and make the chicken extra juicy and flavorful. I use about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of marinade for every 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of chicken.
Looking for more garlic recipes?
- Basil Pesto
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- PIco de Gallo
- Garlic Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
Want more ideas? Check out all my garlic recipes.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8-10 large garlic cloves, peeled, smashed with back of knife
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy in texture and the garlic is minced into very fine pieces.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
It will solidify a bit while in the refrigerator, so you'll need to set the jar on the counter for 10-15 minutes or so before use.
Stir or shake well before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.