Easy Broccoli Salad
This Easy Broccoli Salad is quick and easy to make and goes great with grilled chicken or fish. Broccoli raisin salad is a delicious mix of organic broccoli, celery, onion, raisins and almonds all tossed in a delicious light curried dressing.
This broccoli raisin salad brings a delicious helping of nutrition to your plate and it’s a great salad to take to potlucks and backyard barbecues.
If you love a good broccoli salad, this one is a little more flavorful than the classic broccoli salad. We toss the ingredients with a light curried dressing that goes really well with the ingredients, especially. the raisins.
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
This broccoli raisin salad is quick and easy and you’ll only need 5 basic ingredients to make it.
- Organic broccoli florets. Chop the broccoli into even bite size pieces
- Celery. We add celery to this salad for the extra crunch
- Almond slivers. You could swap out the almond slivers for sliced almonds or pistachios
- Raisins. These add a delicious sweetness that goes really well with the light curry dressing. Use golden raisins or dried cranberries if you prefer.
- Red onion. Adds a lot of flavor. I always soak red onion in a cup of water before adding to my salads. Soaking onion (sliced or chopped) for about 10 minutes takes the bite out of onion leaving it with a much more mellow flavor.
Find printable recipe with the measurements below.
- Toss in sunflower seeds instead of slivered almonds
- Use golden delicious raisins or dried cranberries instead of raisins.
- If you are not a fan of raisins, then you can toss in red grapes sliced in half.
How to Make Broccoli Raisin Salad
- Make dressing. Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Steam the broccoli. Steam broccoli until slightly tender but still has a crunch. You can also skip this step if you prefer a raw salad.
- Mix ingredients. Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Dress salad. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
The easy homemade broccoli salad dressing is creamy and delicious with a light curry flavor. Just whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Ground curry
- Ground ginger
Can I Make This Salad Ahead Of Time?
You can make this salad 1 day ahead of time, but leave the almonds out until you ready to serve the salad. Be sure to store the salad in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. As it chills in overnight, the flavors will meld together and the salad will be even more flavorful.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure the salad is not left out of the refrigerator for longer than 2 hours since it contains mayonnaise and Greek yogurt and can spoil.
Looking For More Salads Recipes?
- Broccoli Detox Salad
- Healthy Coleslaw Recipe
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Superfood Salad
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed for about 4-5 minutes
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2 celery sticks)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ground curry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli for about 4 - 5 minutes or until slightly tender but still has a crunch. Chill for 5 - 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of water for a thinner consistency. Refrigerate before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.