Easy Broccoli Salad
This Easy Broccoli Salad (broccoli raisin salad) is one of those healthy broccoli salad recipes that’s so quick and easy to make. It’s a delicious mix of organic broccoli, celery, onion, raisins and almonds all tossed in a delicious light curried dressing.
This broccoli raisin salad brings a delicious helping of nutrition to your plate and it’s one of those healthy side dishes that goes great with grilled chicken or fish.
This broccoli raisin salad is a perfect salad to take to potlucks and serve at backyard barbecues.
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe
This salad is called “easy” for a reason. It’s made with only 5 ingredients!
- Organic broccoli florets – chop the broccoli into even bite size pieces
- Celery – we add celery to this salad for the extra crunch
- Almond slivers – you could swap out the almond slivers for sliced almonds or pistachios
- Raisins – these add a delicious sweetness that goes really well with the light curry dressing. Use golden raisins or dried cranberries if you prefer.
- Red onion – adds a lot of flavor. I always soak red onion in a cup of water before adding to my salads. Soaking onion (sliced or chopped) for about 10 minutes takes the bite out of onion leaving it with a much more mellow flavor.
How to Make Broccoli Raisin Salad
- Make dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Steam the broccoli: Steam broccoli until slightly tender but still has a crunch. You can also skip this step if you prefer a raw salad.
- Mix ingredients: Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Dress salad: Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
The easy homemade broccoli salad dressing is creamy and delicious with a light curry flavor.
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Ground curry
- Ground ginger
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Whether you love it or hate it….broccoli has a plethora of health benefits. It’s one of those super foods rich with potent anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and antioxidant benefits. And it contains nutrients that offer detox-support along with many other important nutrients that promote good health. If you’re not a huge fan of broccoli, I’m hoping you’ll love this salad enough to want to add more broccoli to your diet.
Looking for more healthy salads to serve?
- Broccoli Detox Salad
- Healthy Coleslaw Recipe
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Superfood Salad
Want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad recipes.
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed for about 4-5 minutes
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2 celery sticks)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ground curry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli for about 4 - 5 minutes or until slightly tender but still has a crunch. Chill for 5 - 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of water for a thinner consistency. Refrigerate before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.