Easy Broccoli Salad
Easy Broccoli Salad is one of those healthy super salads made with organic broccoli, celery, onion, raisins and almonds all tossed in a delicious light curried dressing.
This broccoli raisin salad brings a delicious helping of nutrition to your plate and it’s one of those healthy side dishes that goes great with grilled chicken or fish.
This salad is called “easy” for a reason. It’s made with only 5 ingredients!
- Organic broccoli florets
- Almond slivers
- Red onion
- Broccoli salad dressing
BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING
The easy homemade dressing is creamy and delicious with a light curry flavor.
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Ground curry
- Ground ginger
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY SALAD
- Make dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Steam the broccoli: Steam broccoli until slightly tender but still has a crunch.
- Mix ingredients: Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Dress salad: Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.
This healthy broccoli salad reminds me of the flavors of a good curried chicken salad (which I love). I added celery to this easy broccoli salad because I have a thing for celery in salads like this. I love the extra crunch and flavor.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI
Whether you love it or hate it….broccoli has a plethora of health benefits. It’s one of those super foods salads rich with potent anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and antioxidant benefits. And it contains nutrients that offer detox-support along with many other important nutrients that promote good health. If you’re not a huge fan of broccoli, I’m hoping you’ll love this salad enough to want to add more broccoli to your diet.
MORE SUPER SALADS YOU’LL LOVE
- Broccoli Detox Salad
- Healthy Coleslaw Recipe
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Everyday Detox Salad
- Superfood Salad
Originally published 8.2017 – updated 8.2020
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed for about 4-5 minutes
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2 celery sticks)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ground curry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Steam the broccoli for about 4 - 5 minutes or until slightly tender but still has a crunch. Chill for 5 - 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the broccoli, celery, almonds, raisins, and onion to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until lightly coated.