Broccoli Detox Salad
This delicious raw Broccoli Detox Salad is a healthy broccoli salad recipe tossed in a creamy light and slightly sweet orange scented dressing that makes this salad completely addicting.
I love everything about this Raw Broccoli Salad! It’s crisp and crunchy and loaded with broccoli, blueberries, cranberries and onion all tossed in a delicious citrus dressing.
Apple is a good addition to this salad both for the sweetness and crunch, but because apples can sometimes turn a little brown after awhile it takes away from the visual appeal. So if you want to add apple here either serve the salad right away or toss it first in some lemon juice to help keep it from turning brown. As for the nuts in this salad, I went with cashews because of their mellow flavor. Feel free to add almonds, pistachios, walnuts or pecans instead if you prefer. Sunflower seeds are also a good add-in here.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Organic broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- Fresh organic blueberries
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Raw cashews, almonds or pistachios
- Orange dressing
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Orange zest
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Dijon mustard
- Pure maple syrup (or honey)
- Light olive oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
How to Make Broccoli Salad
- Place raw broccoli, blueberries, red onion, cranberries, and cashews in a large bowl
- Toss ingredients with dressing
- Refrigerate for a few before serving so it’s nice and chilled
How to Make Creamy Orange Dressing
- Add all of the ingredients in a mason jar
- Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously until well blended
This healthy broccoli salad recipe to make, especially when you’re short on time. It comes together in about 10 minutes. Just chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Looking For More Salad Recipes?
- 1-1/2 pounds organic broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- zest from 1/2 large organic orange
- 3-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (if you have to use mayo - mix 1/2 mayo 1/2 yogurt), add more for extra creaminess if your prefer.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place broccoli, blueberries, red onion, cranberries, and cashews in a large bowl.
- Toss in dressing.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes before serving.
For the Creamy Orange Dressing
- Add all of the ingredients in a mason jar.
- Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously until well blended.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 7gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.