Baked Brie with CranberriesYum
Do you remember the very first time you had brie cheese? I do. It was right after my divorce…it was in a staff meeting at work (my very first job post divorce)…and it was just another little sign that things were looking up.
Then a few years later, the gal that used to do my hair told me about a baked brie appetizer with maple syrup and fresh cranberries. I thought…hmmm…sounds interesting. Made a note to self to give it a try.
As far as appetizers go…this baked brie with cranberries is an awesome appetizer…one of my favorites…and absolutely perfect for Christmas!
It’s very festive looking… don’t you think?!
I saw this recipe on the Real Simple site which adds some fresh thyme and orange zest. It’s a nice touch. I liked the added depth of flavor from the thyme and whisper of orange. But …if I didn’t have fresh thyme on hand, I wouldn’t let that keep me from making baked brie with just the fresh cranberries and maple syrup. Chopped walnuts also tie in nicely here with the cranberries. I really liked the added orange zest though. So the orange is definitely a keeper.
If you’ve never made Baked Brie with Cranberries before….
what the heck are you waiting for?
If you’re intolerant…
just pick the yummy little cranberry pieces off the top….
that’s the healthiest part anyway!
Baked Brie with Cranberries
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces brie cheese round
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the maple syrup over the top of the cheese.
- Add cranberries and sprinkle with thyme and orange zest.
- Place in oven, and bake 20-25 minutes, until brie is soft when cut.
- Remove from oven, and carefully transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with crackers or pieces of baguette.
Beet Borscht Next Post »
Gingerbread Biscotti and Hot Chocolate with Bourbon Whipped Cream