Chicken Chimichurri Cocktail Meatballs
These crowd-pleasing Chicken Chimichurri Cocktail Meatballs are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party! They’re super easy to make and they make a really impressive presentation.
The chimichurri sauce that these cocktail meatballs are served with is super easy to make and completely habit forming! You’ll definitely want to show these cocktail meatballs off at your next party!
CHICKEN MEATBALLS RECIPE
- Fresh parsley and cilantro
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Lemon juice and zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Ground chicken
- Dried bread crumbs or panko
- Green onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Blend the ingredients for the sauce
- Refrigerate for up to 1 hour before serving
- Mix together the ground chicken, bread crumbs, scallions, garlic, and egg to a medium size bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Form into small meatballs
- Heat oil in skillet or Dutch oven
- Cook the meatballs in batches
- Pour half of the chimichurri sauce onto a platter
- Transfer the meatballs to the platter and spoon the remaining chimichurri sauce over the meatballs
- Insert toothpicks
WHAT IS CHIMICHURRI
Chimichurri is a delicious (and nutritious) blend of fresh herbs, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. It’s similar to pesto and it can be served with grilled chicken or fish.
This cocktail meatball recipe is an easy one to make. You can make the meatballs ahead of time and reheat before serving. The sauce is served at room temperature.
EASY APPETIZER RECIPES
- Cranberry Baked Brie
- Boursin Deviled Eggs
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure clover honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chicken Meatballs
- 1-1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 raw egg
- 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, blend all of the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, scallions, garlic, and egg to a medium size bowl.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Gently blend the meatball ingredients - making sure not to overwork the meat (or you'll have tough meatballs).
- Form the meat into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the meatballs and fry on low heat for about 5 - 7 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Cook in batches.
- To assemble, pour half of the chimichurri sauce onto a platter. Transfer the meatballs to the platter and spoon the remaining chimichurri sauce over the meatballs. Insert toothpicks.