Cranberry Baked BrieYum
This Cranberry Baked Brie is a festive appetizer for your holiday entertaining. It comes together in just 20 minutes and it’s always a hit!!
This Cranberry Baked Brie is a quick and easy Christmas appetizer to pull together. Besides being pretty, it’s completely addictive!!
As far as appetizers go…this Cranberry Baked Brie is hands-down my favorite Christmas appetizer to make. It’s festive, delicious and everyone in my family loves it!!
Serve it with an assortment of crackers and slices of fresh baguette.
I used to make a cranberry baked brie recipe that I received from a friend years ago, but then I saw this recipe on the Real Simple site which adds some fresh thyme and orange zest. It’s a really nice touch. I liked the added depth of flavor from the thyme and whisper of orange. But …if you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, I wouldn’t let that keep you from making this Cranberry Baked Brie recipe. Chopped walnuts also tie in nicely here with the cranberries. I really liked the added orange zest though. So the orange is definitely a keeper.
If you’ve never made a baked brie appetizer before, you’re in for a real treat!! If you don’t do cheese, then just pick the yummy little cranberry pieces off the top. That’s the healthiest part anyway!
I originally posted this recipe a few years ago, but I’ve updated it here with additional photos for Pinning.
Cranberry Baked Brie
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces brie cheese round
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place brie round on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the maple syrup over the top of the cheese.
- Add cranberries and sprinkle with thyme and orange zest.
- Place in oven, and bake 20-25 minutes, until brie is soft when cut.
- Remove from oven, and carefully transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with crackers or pieces of baguette.