Lighter Curried Chicken Salad with Mango
This Lighter Curried Chicken Salad with Mango is loaded with tender bites of chicken, juicy mango, roasted cashews and a light and creamy curried spiced dressing. This mango chicken curry just might become your new go-to chicken salad recipe.
A lot of curry chicken salad recipes are heavy-handed with mayo, but this healthy chicken salad recipe only has 1-1/2 tablespoons of mayo that’s mixed with lime juice and honey. Rather than weighing down, this dressing lightly coats. The addition of mango in this mango chicken curry salad gives it a deliciously exotic flavor.
HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Lime juice
- Curry powder
- Ginger powder
- Cooked free-range chicken, cubed (rotisserie chicken works fine)
- Mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Celery, diced
- Green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD
- Chop cooked chicken breast, mango, celery, onions and cilantro and add to large bowl
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder and ginger powder
- Pour the dressing over the chicken, mango, celery, onions and cilantro
- Toss to combine
- Stir in cashews just before serving.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
One of the great things about this salad is the mango. Both for the flavor and the nutritional benefits it provides. Mangoes are loaded with antioxidant compounds. They’re rich with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6. Many of these antioxidants found in mangoes may potentially help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, improve eye health, alkalize the entire body, aid in digestion, and give a boost to the immune system.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 cups cooked free-range chicken, cubed
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- Place the chicken breast in a Dutch oven and add the broth or water to cover the breasts and bring the liquid to a boil. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove and discard the chicken skin and bones. (Save the chicken broth for another use).
- Chop the chicken breast meat into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder and ginger powder.
- To mixture, add chicken, mango, celery, onions and cilantro; toss to combine. Stir in cashews just before serving.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.